- Jan 30, 2023
Our client, a growing Financial Institution, is looking for a Senior compliance candidate to join their Central Compliance team
You will be supporting the central compliance team on a wide range of compliance matters. You will be expected to work closely with Legal, Risk Management in the interpretation of laws and regulations and the putting in place of internal policies and controls to address or mitigate any legal or compliance risks that the company may face in its businesses and operations.
Tittle: Director, Compliance
Reports to Head of Compliance
- Support the Head of Compliance in managing the Company's compliance with the applicable laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Support the Head of Compliance in audit related matters.
- Identify, assess and implement regulatory change impacting the entity.
- Manage and conduct the Compliance Review Program to ensure internal departments are compliant with rules, policies and procedures.
- Provide timely and quality advisory support to internal stakeholders.
- Review products and services, new business initiatives and licensing requirements.
- Provide responsive, sound, coherent and consistent compliance advice, interpretation and recommendations on regulations, policies, products and business initiatives; clarify and resolve uncertainties in rules and regulations affecting business transactions and practices.
- Establish, review and update internal rules, policies and guidelines to meet best practice regulatory and industry standards.
- Liaise and resolve with regulators on any regulatory concerns, and co-ordinate regulatory inspections.
- Assist and support by providing leadership to other members of Compliance Department staff where required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree or professional qualification in accounting, business, law or related field.
- Minimum 12 years' experience in compliance/audit supporting the compliance matters at a country / entity level, including licensing and Foreign Related Corporations (FRC) regulations.
- Knowledge of the Singapore Securities and Futures Act, Financial Advisers Act, Singapore Exchange requirements, banking and financial services laws and regulations, securities and futures practices, compliance best practices and understanding of financial products and systems.
- Good communication skills with ability to positively influence senior management.
- High degree of judgement and good problem-solving skills; result-oriented to ensure sound implementation of control and compliance processes/procedures.
- Experience in AML & Sanctions is desired.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted. Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd EA Licence No: 11C5502 | EAP Registration No: R1549612