Interim Chief Risk Officer (Contract)
- BBBH785373 Jun 18, 2021 S$30k+ pm
Our client is a leading start up, looking for an Interim Chief Risk Officer role to support their growing needs in Singapore.
Interim Chief Risk Officer
Morgan Mckinley is working with one of the leading fintech's on a 6 months interim Chief Risk Officer role with a potential to extend/Convert depending on the business needs.
- Responsible for the overall governance and risk environment and integration of risk management considerations in key decision-points to achieve the growth and profitability agenda
- Work closely with the risk management committee to design and set the risk framework
- Lead and implement the risk management framework, which includes ongoing identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting of key exposures and risks, and the management of these key risks. Responsible in the setting of risk appetite, risk tolerance, and mitigation strategies
- Foster a culture of customer centricity and openness in communication and collaboration, balanced with strong risk compliance and ownership
- Ensure an understanding of key risks and exposures among management, and facilitate responsible and effective risk-taking in line with risk appetite and limits
- Provide risk-focused inputs on key decisions including, but not limited to, strategic planning, capital and liquidity planning, new products & services, new platforms & systems, and compensation structure
- Keeping updated on latest technology changes such as data analytics and artificial intelligence that can be applied to risk management
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you would have the following skills & qualifications:
- At least 20 years of relevant experience which should include 10 years of managerial or supervisory experience
- Banking candidates are open to apply
- Experience in managing various types of risks (i.e., credit risk, liquidity risk, operational risk) within a bank
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility, and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
- A self-starter and independent learner who takes the initiative to challenge the status quo.
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Structured thought process and a strong analytical ability, and some experience with operational execution
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively network within the industry and the overall business
- Ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a start-up environment.
- Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast-growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1770166
Registration Name: Suhani Malhotra
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as a notification that you have not been shortlisted.
+65 6818 3174