Deputy Head of Compliance
- BBBH767266 Sep 29, 2020 S$10-14k pm
If you are looking to step up in your compliance career, feel ready for a promotion to a Deputy title this is a perfect move.
Deputy to Head of Compliance
- My client is a well-established international bank and this role reports into the Head of Compliance and involves working with offshore Compliance teams. If you are looking to step up in your compliance career, and ready for a promotion to a Deputy title this is a perfect move.
- This is a general compliance role covering regulatory change management, interaction with regulators, compliance monitoring and surveillance.
- Deputy to the Head of Compliance, Singapore and provide leadership role to manage the Compliance function in Asia
- Provide compliance advisory services to Singapore and Asia offices
- Support the Head of Compliance, Singapore, in managing the interface with the relevant local regulatory bodies as well as external and internal auditors in respect of regulatory and compliance issues
- Promote an effective compliance culture
- Work to integrate Head Office requirements into the Singapore Compliance functions
- Provide advice and analysis in relation to the Compliance and regulatory considerations associated with the Bank's transactions and associated new business developments
- Provision of relevant compliance training to staff.
- Work with the relevant Compliance Monitoring function to maintain an effective compliance monitoring plan including regular and risk-based compliance monitoring reviews
- Work with colleagues in other offices to ensure that outsourced function such as KYC/AML, Financial Crime and Market Abuse Surveillance are appropriate for the Singapore and China operation.
- To review that there are effective and appropriate compliance controls and procedures in place including controls and procedures on the prevention, monitoring and investigation of money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, sanctions breaches and fraud, designed to ensure that the Asia offices are fully compliant with all financial crime compliance obligations.
- Follow up on relevant recommendations made by regulators, internal and external audit and compliance monitoring.
- Preparation and/or update compliance manual, policies and procedures.
- Undertaking independent investigation on complaints, errors, irregular activities and suspicious transactions and where necessary, prepare reports to the relevant regulators and management.
- Preparation of regulatory updates on newly issued local requirements in relation to local business operations. Where necessary, follow up on the actions required.
- Provision of support and liaison with Group Compliance on local regulatory matters.
- Preparation of applicable regular and ad hoc reports to local management and Group Compliance.
- Preparation of applicable regulatory returns and reporting to the MAS.
- Provide Company Secretarial functions for the Singapore operation.
- Contribute to the relevant Committee(s) as a Member/ Invitee.
- Preparation of the annual risk-based Asia Compliance Monitoring Plan and maintenance of the supporting any regional compliance risk assessment frameworks, as appropriate
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you would have the following Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree qualified
- Minimum of 7 years' experience of working in the provision of regulatory compliance assurance either within a banking environment or an external audit environment
- Mandarin and other language skills would be an added advantage
- Good understanding of commodities trading and investment banking products and activities, and the associated regulatory frameworks.
- Familiarity with external and/or internal audit disciplines would be a strong advantage.
- Understanding of regulatory risk assessment, identification and management processes
- Pays attention to detail
- Delivery focused
- Good communicator
- High level of integrity
- Able to navigate complexity
- Can work in ambiguity
If you're interested in this role, please send your updated CV (word format) to email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1770166
Registration Name: Suhani Malhotra
+65 6818 3174