Head of Internal Audit- Public Sector
- BBBH773000 Jan 11, 2021 €70k - €90k
Exciting new role for an experienced senior Internal Audit professional with a Public Sector body based in Dublin. You will assume responsibility for the internal audit function, leading a small team.
Exciting new role for an experienced senior Internal Audit professional with a Public Sector body based in Dublin. You will assume responsibility for the internal audit function, leading a small team, designing, developing and implementing the internal controls framework.
- Permanent role
- Strong work life balance
- Make a real impact in a meaningful organisation
- Strong remuneration and pension scheme
- No inter-county travel
- Lead the Internal Audit function
- Support, develop and review the effective oversight on the Internal Systems of Financial Control and Corporate Governance procedures
- Devising a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Co-ordinate the organisation's compliance with the requirements of the Public Spending Code, ensuring relevant training to budget officers and executive management teams
- develop an evaluation programme for the various stages of the expenditure life cycle
- development and implementation of a uniformed audit system and processes, ensuring operational and reporting methodologies across all sites.
- Design audit tests appropriate to the risks identified and analysis results
- Evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls
- Leading the Internal Audit team to ensure adherence Government and financial policies and procedures.
- Motivating and managing the IA team, whilst ensuring continual upskilling of specific internal audit skills
- Stakeholder management- present to and advice the Risk and Audit committee on any risks issues or process improvements required
- Ensure the production of high-quality audits through the organisation
Qualifications & person specifications
- ACA/ ACCA/ CPA/CIMA qualified Accountant
- Minimum of 8-10 years post qualification experience
- Must have strong Internal audit experience with a multinational or public service environment
- Strong team management experience
- Ability to lead and develop a team
- Strong knowledge of internal controls, risk controls framework, corporate governance
- Strong stakeholder management experience is required
For more information on this Head of Internal Audit job please contact Tracy Nolan at Morgan McKinley on firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.