Republic of Ireland
- BBBH770652 Nov 23, 2020 €50k - €70k
Software Quality Engineer required for a Ecommerce Platform Based in Dublin, Remote working opportunities included, If interested please apply below
Who it's with:
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work on designing new solutions for a multi-billion euro Ecommerce platform. This role will give you the chance to have your work seen on one of Ireland's busiest web-sites. You will define technical direction and strategy in your area of speciality, while guiding engineering teams to build innovative, all-encompassing solutions on a range of customer facing platforms.
This role will also give you the opportunity to work remotely if preferred, with a requirement to be in the office only for team strategy sessions.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with the Technology Team and Product Owner to define the User Story Acceptance Criteria and the Definition of Done, ensuring testability for features within a release
- Define the test strategy for those features, in collaboration with the Software Developers and Automation Engineers to ensure a collective quality ownership
- Analyze the areas identified for your test scope within the user stories and translate them into high level test scenarios in collaboration with the team e.g. Key User Journeys, Google Analytics and VoG input
- Identifying relevant test types and the approaches to optimize the testing activities
- Plan and execute the identified manual functional testing activities for in scope phases
- Ensure the team have transparent quality reporting, to demonstrate the automated test coverage at each level, the execution results and easy to read outputs
- Active issue management in coordination within the team, communicating the cause, effect and impact of those issues to the Product Owner, who can then prioritize appropriately
- Participate proactively in all the Scrum Ceremonies e.g. collaborate with the team to identify and implement improvements via sprint retros, give other team members assistance when necessary
- Recognize areas for improvement across process, tooling and ways of working, in or outside your team, to identify quality approaches that can benefit your team and others.
- Mentor and coach new team members
- Continuously challenge how the team can improve the quality of the deliverables at the earliest possible point of the SDLC with a Shift Left mentality
- Ensure any newly developed features are Accessibility (WCAG) compliant
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent formal training.
- 4+ years of work experience
- Eligible to live and work in the EU
- Holds a current unrestricted worldwide passport
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present technical information to a non technical audience
- Experience with multiple functioning testing approaches such as Automation, Scripted and Exploratory
- Experience with JIRA or something similar
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Experience with tools such as Zephyr
- Experience working closely with Automation Engineers and Developers
- Experience testing responsive applications across Mobile and Desktop devices
Why you'll want it:
This is a rare opportunity to work on designing green-field customer facing solutions for one of Ireland's most iconic brands. You will be working in a fast-paced Agile, product team with an outstanding supportive, collaborative culture.
If interested, please APPLY NOW, or call Anna McDonnell on for more info
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 1 4321567