Republic of Ireland
- 1600 Sep 09, 2021 Competitive
Morgan McKinley are currently seeking Senior Software Developers to join a global software company supporting oncology diagnostics. Async, Python. Permanent Opportunity. Ireland, Nationwide.
Morgan McKinley are currently supporting a global software company leading a digital transformation in pathology and pushing the boundaries of oncology diagnostics.
OUR CLIENT_ Paige is a software company helping pathologists and clinicians make faster, more informed diagnostic and treatment decisions by mining decades of data from the world's experts in cancer care. They are leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to create value for the oncology clinical team.
We are seeking Senior Software Engineers who can create scalable and interoperable applications and enjoys building software and platforms that facilitate data exchange between local ecosystems and cloud environments.
In this role you will build software and platforms that will allow us to upload data from hospitals into the cloud, connect Paige and hospital systems in ways that enhance pathologists' workflow, and work with a diverse array of leading-edge technologies along the way.
This is an incredible opportunity to be part of an international high-performing team, work with a diverse array of leading-edge technologies, support an AI-driven environment, and pursue a life-changing mission with unique and varied technical challenges!
Contract: Permanent. Location: Ireland, Nationwide (Dublin preferred).
- Build robust, scalable, and interoperable applications and services that can ingest and transfer very large amounts of data (including large image files for digital pathology) outside of a local ecosystem and running on thin virtual appliances.
- Develop software that monitors and integrates seamlessly with databases, HL7 feeds, XML notifications and can access various file systems.
- Build cloud services to support ingestion of images and associated metadata.
- Provide support for your product and applications by being the point of contact for various IT teams at hospitals.
- Implement new features while applying software development and security best practices.
- Work within a cross-disciplinary Agile team.
- 5+ years' experience as an engineer building software that is made to be run 24/7.
- Strong proficiency in Python, understanding of Async IO (asyncio).
- Strong knowledge of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs, microservices and microservices paradigms (Domain-Driven-Design, etc.).
- Deep understanding of virtual appliances and Unix / Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience working in an Agile team.
Nice to have, not mandatory
- Experience with modern product development practices, including software testing (e.g. unit testing, regression testing).
- Understanding of clinical workflows.
- Prior working experience with DICOM files and/or HL7 feeds for medical image data.
- Prior usage of Mirth Connect, or equivalent.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
353 21 2300 300