Global software firm are hiring a Privacy Counsel to join their growing Global Privacy Team. Role can be worked remotely from anywhere in Ireland.
Global software firm are hiring a Privacy Counsel to join their growing Global Privacy Team. This role reports directly to the Global Head of Privacy within the legal department and can be worked remotely from anywhere in Ireland. This person will draft and negotiate privacy contracts, develop privacy notices and policies and provide expert advice and counsel within the legal team and to business partners throughout the company.
● Advise on and negotiate data processing agreements
● Provide expert and pragmatic advice on the implementation and impact of global privacy and data
protection laws to product, business teams and to colleagues in the legal team
● Partner with technical and non-technical colleagues to identify legal requirements and best practices, and
translate them into clear, actionable steps
● Distill highly technical rules and disparate data processes into understandable terms - using plain English
both for internal clients and our externally-facing documentation
● Collaborate with legal and business teams spread across time zones - in multiple locations in Asia,
California and Europe
● Contribute to ongoing efforts to provide education, resources and training on privacy and data protection
● Provide advice and conduct assessments on international data transfers. Draft privacy and data protection related policies and review them against leading industry standards
● Qualified as a lawyer and admitted to practice in at least one EU jurisdiction
● 5+ years of post-qualification experience, with significant relevant privacy/data protection law experience at
a law firm or in-house, ideally in a multinational technology company
● Deep understanding of global privacy standards and regimes including but not limited to CCPA/CPRA,
GDPR, LGPD and PIPL
● CIPP or equivalent is preferred
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.