Business Development Engineer
Republic of Ireland
- BBBH784152 Jun 03, 2021 Competitive
My client, an established leader in their field, is currently seeking an ambitious and driven Business Development Engineer to join their team.
- Convert sales opportunities in agreed regions or sectors and successfully promote the companies products, solutions and Engineering services to new customers
- Identify opportunities for engineering services, and support relevant teams to convert such opportunities into profitable successful projects
- Deepen and expand relationships with existing customers thereby increasing revenues and profitability
- Provide pre sales and post sales technical support to the Irish customer base
- Become knowledgeable about customer applications of the companies Products & Services across our complete portfolio, and become the customer applications expert in specific products or market segments
- Generate sales reports as necessary, e.g. contacts, plans, competitor intelligence
- Take responsibility for specific services customers as defined by the Sales Manager
- Refer engineering services leads to the sales manager and convert leads assigned to you and once technically and commercially proficient to convert engineering services leads this will fall under BDE scope of responsibility to engage and convert
- Support the continued business development of our engineering services
- Support our teams in the growth of key sectors defined by the Sales Manager for example in the areas of eg. Complex Automation Projects and larger Project Management opportunities with key customers, Industrie 4.0 driven solutions
- You will be customer focused, self-motivated, reliable and dependable with a high level of integrity and drive.
- A successful sales engineer with experience in selling products and services a wide range of customers within the manufacturing sector
- A third level qualification in a related technical discipline.
- 5 years' experience both in Sales and Engineering in the automation system integrator and machine builder sectors who supply capital equipment to the industrial sector in Ireland
- Proven knowledge of project engineering methodologies and its relationship to the commercial aspect of project delivery
- Knowledge of automation technology such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Control Switchgear, Safety Relays, Distributed Control Systems, Safe Automation Systems and PC based control systems
- Experience with modern automation and robotics systems including decentralised PLC control systems, robotic systems including collaborative robots
- Proven ability in discussing technical as well as commercial related aspects of project completion from shop floor to boardroom level with key project stakeholders including internal Teams & colleagues
- Proficiency with typical IT applications and tools
- Be familiar with regulations and standards relating to Machinery & Process related health and safety in industrial workplaces
- A post graduate business or commercial related qualification
- Strong contact base throughout the Pharma/Bio-Pharma/Medical Devices/Food & Beverage as well as General Manufacturing Industry in Ireland
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF LA CRÈME SERVICES.
Consultant | Sales
+353 51 309650