A Cutting Edge Global Medical Device company seeks an experienced Strategic Sourcing manager to join their team on a 12 month contract
Drive procurement activities around supplier relationship management best practices (SRM), sourcing processes and delivery of results to meet & exceed the procurement objectives.
The incumbent will execute on strategy and provide overall co-ordination, facilitation and enablement of programs that will drive best practice.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
The key responsibilities are focused on Quality & Risk management, Cost, Supplier Service & Reliability.
The role will be accountable for Supplier Management for a defined scope of spend responsibility
Main areas of responsibility
* Perform the role of Supplier Relationship Manager at an executive level for designated suppliers
* Partner with category management and Advance Sourcing (New Product Introduction) to ensure alignment and meet procurement goals across Quality, Service and Cost.
* Be an excellent business partner to a number of functions across the business, in particular supplier quality, manufacturing and planning teams both internally and in our Third Party Manufacturers
* Partner with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management and escalation processes.
* Upgrade supplier skills (transparent cost management, lean practices, emerging technologies, etc.)
* Develop an expertise in the business needs and capabilities. Keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
* Analyze overall system capabilities and develop and execute improvements in support of the end to end supply chain, to achieve lowest total cost of ownership.
* Provide regular reporting on Supplier Performance, and lead activities to achieve goals.
* Manage a small team of Associates to support sourcing objectives and contribute to their continuous development.
* Assist in reporting on performance, recommending advancements, implementing new or changed procedures. Generally recognized as Group Leader or Assistant Supervisor.
* BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field.
* MBA or Masters preferred.
* CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) a bonus.
Minimum experience (number of month/years and type of work experience beyond formal education) required for competent performance:
* Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a procurement role managing Strategic Supplier Relationships preferred.
* Strong business acumen
* Excellent interpersonal skills - Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
* Strong Credo values
* Creative & decisive problem solving skills
* Proven ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result
* Change leadership expertise
* Customer focus (internal & external)
* Adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities
* Exercise a high degree of business judgment and sound reasoning.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.