H&S Officer (Renewable Energy)
- BBBH772270 Dec 18, 2020 Competitive
My client is looking for an experienced Health and Safety Officer to work in the Renewable Energy Sector. This role is a great opportunity for an ambitious Health and Safety Officer.
- Development and implementation of improved Health and Safety agenda, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Provide leadership in Health and Safety for projects through procurement and construction
- Develop and implement further the health, safety and welfare system for the Renewable Energy Business Unit ensuring that projects are developed through planning, procurement and construction with high standards of health and safety
- Responsible for engaging members of staff in periodic training to update them on their roles in the maintenance of minimum standards of safety.
- Apply and influence the effective operation of the Health and Safety agenda, practices, and policies in conjunction with business needs.
- Create a project register for Health & Safety improvements and investments with an annual plan.
- Identify CAPEX investment requirements to ensure compliance and enhance safety.
- Carry out safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Working with the relevant departments, implement regular internal auditing program and processes, measuring performance and action planning from outputs.
- Report to site management, identifying areas of risk, concern, and recommendations for implementations on site, including cost analysis and/or implications.
- Undertake regular unscheduled safety audits to ensure compliance to industry and/or legislative obligations and company policies/procedures.
- Review contractor management processes and audit for compliance with the project managers.
- Degree Qualified in Health & Safety OR Energy Engineering is desirable.
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role
- Experience in renewable energy sector is desirable but not essential.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 21 2300300