- BBBH784063 Jun 14, 2021 Competitive
The role is responsible for delivering core Unix support, engineering & development working within a global Unix support & engineering team.
Title: Unix Specialist/Cloud Platform Engineer
Department: Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS) - Infrastructure - UNIX Platforms
Location: Dublin or UK
In a digital, fast changing world, will you help differentiate us from the competition?
It's a technological world - our clients want to engage with us using creative websites, great apps and through a first class customer service team, all supported by best in class technology solutions that keep their data secure. We pride ourselves on being a technology-powered organisation where technology is at the heart of everything we do. Our teams are focussed and nimble to react quickly to changing market conditions. We embrace a "start-up" approach, supported by a large, global organisation that nurtures great talent. We value a diverse workforce that drives different opinions and great ideas, leading to innovation, creativity and measured risk taking.
Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS): is responsible for managing all infrastructure components globally, supporting business delivery projects and delivering TIS projects.
The function is divided into six core disciplines:
- Service Management - Major Incident Management, Problem and Change Management functions and 24/7 Bridge Operations.
- Technology Architecture and Engineering - define and drive overall Infrastructure/Cloud Architecture and strategy, alongside scope, design and engineering of Infrastructure solutions.
- Delivery Support - supporting the business by managing the delivery of infrastructure elements of change projects, along with the management of the Technology Infrastructure portfolios.
- Network, Voice and Market Data - design, engineering, implementation and operational support of infrastructure related to global network technologies, UK Data Centres and market data services.
- Core Infrastructure and Collaboration Services - design, engineering, implementation and operational support for infrastructure related to Platform (Wintel, Linux and UNIX), Storage, Backup, IAAS, PaaS, Digital, Web & Middleware and Collaboration.
- Data Services - design, engineering, implementation and operational support of all database technologies, data services including replication, analytics, virtualisation and grid, Big Data and ICTIS.
Purpose of the Role
The role is responsible for delivering core Unix support, engineering & development working within a global unix support & engineering team. This role will be focused on delivering and supporting a cloud based platfrom and working towards a target operating model to support a product owner methodology. You will also require collaborative engagement with other platform engineering functions to ensure the business receive a consistently high service level from Technology Infrastructure Services as a whole.
The candidate will participate and be involved in all aspects of unix support, development, engineering & supporting project work
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Excellent RHEL Linux skills essential
- Solaris & AIX beneficial
- Ability to script and automate unix builds and layering of applications onto linux platforms
- Excellent Ansible skills
- Installation and maintenance of new servers and 3rd party software
- System performance reporting, and enhancement
- Shell/Perl/Python scripting
- Experience of working in a highly virtualised environment
- Good awareness of CI/CD practices and can work in a DevOps manner
- Working knowledge of Terraform and Packer
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Working knowledge of AWS components
- Deployment of AWS services using Terraform
- Able to collaborate across technical teams
- Technical awareness of future products, concepts and standards
- Evaluation and recommendation of new products and technologies
- Disaster recovery and contingency planning
- Develop and enhance standards
- Systems performance analysis and management
- Integration with other core infrastructure technologies & awareness of infrastructure technologies
- Familiarity with Identity and security and access management
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555