Tax Manager - 12 month contract
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH822897 Jul 26, 2022 Competitive
Morgan Mckinley is partnering with one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland who are part of a major European Financial Services Group.
They provide a broad range of business and personal banking services and have built an enviable reputation.
The Taxation function is engaged in the management of taxation and provides analysis, advice and assistance on taxation issues to all business units and support functions. The Tax Manager will be engaged in the management of the taxation issues, analysis and advice on taxation issues.
- To provide timely and accurate advice to Management and the business in respect of ad hoc queries.
- To provide taxation advice in respect of transactions undertaken by business units
- Assist with ad hoc projects covering all areas of Taxation when required (including tax issues related to transfer of loan/deposit portfolios and wind-down of business operations)
- Research and advice in relation to domestic and international taxation issues.
- Monitor adherence to tax compliance policies and procedures
- Management of all the tax obligations of group companies, including:
- Review of tax computations and liaising with finance department to finalise taxation figures in statutory accounts;
- Finalisation of tax computations and returns, liaising with taxation advisers to arrange for submission of corporation tax returns to Revenue
- Management of VAT returns and VAT recovery calculations prior to submission to Revenue;
- Preparation, management and filing of the FATCA and CRS returns;
- Review of DIRT returns and submission of same to Revenue;
- Management of the stamp duty returns for submission to Revenue;
- Management of Investment Funds exit tax returns for submission to Revenue;
- Management of miscellaneous information reporting returns (e.g. interest reporting, investment fund reporting) prior to submission to Revenue.
- To report, as appropriate, with respect of Taxation issues or risks of the Bank
- Act as the day to day point of contact with Revenue Commissioners including liaising with Revenue in relation to tax compliance and other administrative issues.
- Qualified Chartered Tax Adviser (Institute of Tax); or Professional Qualification in Accountancy (with relevant Tax experience)
- 3 years PQE experience in Accountancy Practice specialised in Tax or in a tax department in Industry
- Experience in financial services is desirable but not essential
- High level of self motivation with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.