Supply Chain Manager, Construction
- BBBH770815 Nov 25, 2020 Competitive
South Dublin based tech multinational is looking for an experienced Supply Chain and procurement professional with experience in large complex capital projects.
Our client, a leader in the tech industry, is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager with over 5 years of experience as a Supply Chain and Procurement professional within the Construction category.
We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world's largest online services. The strategic Supply Chain team is responsible for establishing a supply chain that can meet the ever growing growth of the client's Cloud infrastructure. The team supports a portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-billion, multi-year datacenter construction and lease projects and operations of those assets.
- Category Vision and Strategy: Creates, communicates, and maintains a category vision and strategy that is based on appropriate business intelligence, is following policies, and has buy-in from stakeholders, company-wide.
- Strategic Sourcing: Creates, aligns, and maintains a sourcing strategy for one or more complex categories, continuously re-evaluate and improve procurement of goods and services.
- Negotiation Strategy: Develops negotiation strategies for one or more complex purchasing categories.
- Supplier Selection: Participate in supplier selection and performance management. Ensure alignment to business goals, throughout.
- Contracting: Understands industry contracting norms and the client's contracting requirements. Successfully facilitates negotiation of final contracts that achieve business goals.
- Supplier Engagement: Proactively segments suppliers and utilizes engagement programs to improve performance and achieve business goals.
- Continuous Improvement: always be seeking ways to streamline, automate, and simplify processes. This will include deployment of tools, proficiency in data analytics, and ability to work with IT groups to provide system requirements.
- Commercial and Contracts management - RFP/Contract execution, key category: long lead mechanical and electrical equipment. Participate in change management reviews, monitor supplier performance and support issue resolution.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or financial field (engineering, construction management, quantity surveying or similar). 5 to 10 years' post graduate construction/ supply chain/ procurement experience specifically with large complex capital projects.
- Mechanical and/or Electrical acumen.
- Experience in one or more key categories including AE, GC, Equipment, Construction Services, Operations Services.
- Construction Experience: Preference for experience on large-scale projects - sourcing, managing and administering contracts of over €50Million
- Create clarity, generate energy, and deliver success; always be planning for the future.
- High-integrity - must be ethical and strong value-based individual focused on fairness and maintaining confidentiality.
- Understand the importance of relationships inside the company and with our supply chain partners.
- High energy, a drive to achieve results in midst of ambiguity and matrixed organisation.
- Able to travel up to 25%, within the EMEA region.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant | Remote Delivery, Cork
353 (021) 2300 300