- BBBH795484 Oct 11, 2021 Competitive
Solution Architect - Remote Working Opportunity
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Architecture, the candidate will participate in the delivery of key projects within in the technology programme plan. The candidate will collaborate with business SMEs, business analysts and technical teams to conceptualize new solutions, recommend technical resources and strategies, and then design the solution for the project. Together with the architecture team the candidate will help develop technology strategies, roadmaps, standards and guidelines.
We are looking for someone with the experience to contribute to major projects including Enterprise Services, domain rationalisation, technology refresh and other key strategic development projects. Experience with architecture in an agile environment, cloud migrations or transitioning from project-based development to product centric development would be advantageous.
The role will make an impact to the business by;
- Producing designs documents that ensure technology solution meet the business needs and technology non-functional requirements, covering areas from commercial to operations to Strategic Remediation Programmes
- Define technology strategy within business domains
- Produce designs that align to the company and the wider Group's technology strategies
- The role will manage stakeholder expectations about new solutions, simplify communication messaging, generate buy-in to new processes or ways of working and ensure organisational alignment to deliver business engagement and change readiness.
- Translation of business needs into elegant designs with clear and definable technology requirements using the most appropriate technology
- Supporting technical architects, developers, and other departments in cross-functional delivery teams
- Communicate your vision and designs to all stakeholders and achieve consensus on direction
- Collaborating cross-functionally with the business and with external partners to ensure the delivery of best-practice solutions
- Analyse problems and structure solutions for complex technology implementations.
- Work across a wide range of solutions including off the shelf applications, existing airline systems, integration platforms, data management and reporting, web & mobile technologies and others.
- Contribute to IT strategy, architecture management, governance, standards, technology evaluations and will be instrumental in guiding our technology goals.
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
a: Essential Qualifications/Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent formal training; required.
- 10+ years of work experience in multiple technology disciplines; required.
- Experience in a solution architect role working closely with Business Analysts, Product Owners and Developers.
- Previous experience as a developer in a large-scale software development project
b: Essential competencies/skills
- Strong Design knowledge, including API design principles, SOA and similar design techniques
- Strong interpersonal, communications skills and ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Eligible to live and work in the EU
- Be in possession of or be able to obtain an airside security pass
- Hold a current unrestricted worldwide passport
c: Desirable Criteria
- Experience working within Architectural frameworks and standards such as TOGAF, IASA, Archimate or hold equivalent certification
- Experience with applying architecture in an agile/product-centric environment. E.g. SAFe
- Knowledge of high volume e-Commerce/retail and Services architectures.
- Previous experience of Microservices architecture an advantage
- Previous experience or knowledge of cloud based technologies in particular AWS
- Knowledge of airline systems such as such as Passenger Sales and Service(PSS) , reservations systems etc.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555