- BBBH777895 Mar 16, 2021 Competitive
I am delighted to be partnering exclusively with Enterprise Ireland on a very exciting Senior Investment Advisory role. This is a very interesting opportunity for an investment professional with strong financial skills to join a high performing team.
Senior Investment Advisor opportunity with Enterprise Ireland.
The salary can go to €69,012 depending on experience
The Investment Services Division is responsible for delivering supports to manage and maintain its direct and indirect equity supports through direct investment and through investment as an LP into Venture Funds.
The key objective is to support the delivery of maximum impact on companies' development, financial performance and economic outcome. The role of the Equity Department is to manage the equity and repayable advance (RA) portfolio to ensure the investments are completed and managed in accordance with the equity agreements and RA agreements. A significant deliverable of the Department will be to ensure the repayment of the Sustaining Enterprise Fund (SEF) funds of over the next 5 years.
The person appointed to the Senior Investment Adviser role will join the equity team and will provide appropriate commercial, financial, investment and legal analysis and reporting on all relevant investments and divestments, with a particular focus on managing the Repayable advances and associated financial structuring/rescheduling of company finances. A key responsibility will be to manage decisions and consents that will arise in the effective management of EI's repayable advance investments.
- Cross functional engagement to project and manage the establishment of the Enterprise Ireland policy, process and systems to manage the RA portfolio with a particular focus on carrying out a financial assessment and advising companies on structuring options where appropriate. This will include identifying a standard approach for portfolio management, consent matters, repayment reviews with clients, repayment rescheduling billing, accounting treatment, system changes, etc
- Conduct appropriate commercial, financial, legal and State-Aid due diligence on Enterprise Ireland's financial investments commensurate with their size and complexity and provide high-quality reports to internal committees.
- Valuation and management of a portfolio of companies in which Enterprise Ireland has investments including equity and repayable advances. This will include equity and repayable advance portfolio maintenance, equity conversions, redemptions, trade sales, share sales, repayment rescheduling, etc
- Provide advice and expertise on commercial financial support and investment matters by engaging and communicating with colleagues across the organisation.
- Prepare and present repayment and divestment cases for the repayable portfolio at relevant internal committees.
- Be responsible for managing aspects associated with the execution of internal decision-making committees, in conjunction with relevant internal departments.
- Engage with external services providers as required for legal and investment services.
- Conduct presentations at Enterprise Ireland's key stakeholder investment briefing forums.
- Conduct the preparation, review, negotiation and finalisation of agreements in line with Enterprise Ireland standard approach as required.
- Coach and mentor colleagues within the team as required and share knowledge and expertise with the wider Enterprise Ireland team.
- Ensure that Enterprise Ireland maintains the highest levels of Corporate Governance and accountability through the use an effective investment system, reporting procedures and controls.
Functional Competencies (Key Skills and Knowledge)
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the financial assessment and analysis of businesses from a funding and commercial perspective is essential, in particular experience in Equity and Banking products.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills combined with a professional accounting or postgraduate finance qualification is essential.
- Excellent negotiation skills are essential.
- Ability to identify critical commercial issues in business/investment cases, and to effectively communicate, evaluate and resolve these issues with colleagues and clients is essential.
- Proven ability to prepare and present business/investment cases to senior management is essential.
- Track record in managing investment/loan portfolios and knowledge of using technology systems for portfolio management is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with relevant key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- A track record of results through leadership, coaching, team-working and active knowledge-sharing.
- Experience of preparing, reviewing, negotiating and finalising legal agreements is desirable.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Ireland's equity policy and financial supports would be an advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Principal Consultant | Financial Services Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321556