- BBBH783543 May 28, 2021 €70k - €90k
We are currently seeking an experienced Design Engineer capable of leading and mentoring a team with a specific expertise and experience in designing various HVAC systems
This new role will include leading engineering teams, liaising with engineering teams in other countries and working with clients on projects on a worldwide basis in an exciting fast paced environment.
As well as being an energetic, grounded, action-oriented individual; the candidate will need to provide a level of structured gravitas with a proven track record of external and internal stakeholder management allied to an engineering background and intellectual curiosity for this dynamic sector.
Along with developing and embedding best-in-class design processes; it is visualised that the role will build, develop and support its own agile team over the next couple of years.
The Senior Design Engineering Team Leader will form an important part of the engineering department. The incumbent will ensure rigorous design definition and processes are in place and collaborate with the department engineers in executing all aspects of a variety of challenging and innovative projects.
This is a senior position that requires a candidate to have good interpersonal skills to mentor junior engineers and collaborate with other departments to develop and deliver a full design package. The role will lead independent multidisciplinary design teams on multiple projects for leading tech clients with project values of €500K to €40m.
- Provide technical support and design to senior engineers within the engineering department with specific focus on mechanical/electrical design engineering.
- Take a leading role in project execution.
- Coach, mentor and lead project teams, including Engineers in Training to success in a wide variety of projects.
- Identify training opportunities and develop material and implement systems for training
- Communicate and interact with external clients.
- Selection and design of custom air handling equipment and modular data centers including:
- Design development and value engineering assistance of data centers and modular data centers to support client specific needs.
- Design of custom air handling equipment to client's specifications.
- Design of computer room air handling units to client specifications.
- Selection of fans, coils and other equipment components associated with air handling equipment and compiling BOM's.
- Costing of units and components.
- Production of equipment drawings and submittal packages.
- Production of construction drawing package
- Assist with the development of new and innovative product lines and refinement of existing products.
- Interact with production; perform periodic inspections of units under construction.
- Participate in continuous product improvement.
- Be involved in many aspects of the business including support for estimating, business development and sales, production improvements and marketing.
The Successful Candidate will possess the majority of the following Characteristics, Skills & Experience:
- Mechanical/Electrical engineering degree (BSc. Eng., B.Eng.).
- 10+ yrs of related or consulting experience with a couple of years of team leadership experience.
- 5+ years of related experience in HVAC , including knowledge in equipment and system selection, design and control. Additional experience in metal fabrication and/or manufacturing is an asset.
- Demonstrable leadership ability allied to facility in dealing with clients with very high expectations and resourcefulness to find solutions with a calm underlying demeanour.
- A collaborative style with colleagues despite external pressures and demands.
- Proficient with drafting in AutoCAD; demonstrated knowledge in proper drafting standards and practices.
- Exudes confidence and tact in interacting with clients and colleagues.
- Has the ability to interact positively with outward facing clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are crucial.
- Self-starting, ability to manage multiple tasks on strict deadlines.
- Commitment to continuous technical learning and personal development, both self-directed and under the guidance of others.
- Diligent, with an eye for detail; with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to perform under occasional stressful situations on tight deadlines.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 21 2300300