- BBBH813772 Apr 22, 2022 Competitive
Data Privacy Consultant - Dublin - High demand client - Work from home an option - ''agile work environment'' - Full benefits on offer
Senior Data Protection Officer 100k+
Our client currently has a vacancy for a Senior Compliance Officer who will also serve as the Senior Data Protection Officer to join their Risk Team. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, this is a leadership role, working across our business and operations. If you are a Compliance professional, with excellent attention to detail, want to work with Global Retail Brands and be part of influencing a business this is the role for you.
General Compliance Advisory
Provide general Compliance support across a broad range of risk areas including but not limited to:
- Providing inputs into the overall Risk Management Programme.
- Maintaining Policies and Procedures as per Policy Inventory.
- Prepare reporting.
- Perform annual Risk Assessment.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to members of the Risk Team.
- Supporting the Chief Risk Officer in the execution of the Risk Management Programme.
Senior Data Protection Officer
The primary objective will be to support compliance obligations arising out of Data Protection laws including the EU Data Protection Regulations, the e-Privacy Directive and all other applicable regulations based on the clients global reach.
This role will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing a fit for purpose Privacy Operating Model and will report on substantive data protection matters to the Chief Risk Officer, and will periodically update senior management, the Privacy Governance Committee and, as appropriate, the Board of Directors.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing, in accordance with Article 39 of the GDPR, information and advice on GDPR, as well as other relevant European and international data protection laws.
- Foster a privacy compliance culture.
- Monitoring ongoing compliance with GDPR and other applicable data protection laws.
- Provide input on data protection impact assessments.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for its employees and the public for issues relating to data protection, privacy policies and practices.
- Consulting and engaging with relevant data protection authorities.
- Assignment of GDPR responsibilities within the organisation, raising awareness, training, and conducting related audits.
- Responsibility for maintaining all privacy related policies and standards.
- Oversight for GRC software.
- Assisting in the continued maintenance of ISO 27701-acceditiated Privacy Information Management System.
- Chairing the Privacy Governance Forum.
- Providing leadership, mentoring, and coaching to the Data Privacy Analyst.
- Working collaboratively with the CISO in the promotion of best practices.
Key Experience & Skills
- 10+ years experience of managing EU and global data protection requirements.
- Expert knowledge of GDPR and other relevant privacy requirements.
- Preferred experience in working in general Compliance (including but not limited to; Consumer Protection, Financial Crimes, Third Party Risk Management, Risk Assessments, Policy Governance, Training & Reporting).
- Proven experience in the ability to operationalise privacy concepts into clear recommendations for business partners.
- Compliance qualification & certified Privacy professional.
- Strong ability to influence and effectively challenge management and business partners in a constructive manner while maintaining independence.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to change.
- Be a self-starter with excellent communication skills.
What's on offer?
- Flexible/Hybrid Working Model
- Career growth - tailored learning & development, tuition assistance and professional certification.
- Health & Wellbeing - dental & health insurance, reduced corporate gym membership.
- Work Life Balance - 25 days annual leave, flexible working, sports & social club.
- Family - paid maternity & paternity leave, life assurance, income disability cover.
- Financial - competitive salary, pension, bike to work, travel TaxSaver, relocation assistance.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Consultant | Financial Services Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555