- JN -052023-1932469
- May 24, 2023
- €90k - €120k
Morgan McKinley has been retained by a leading insurance company to recruit a company secretary/corporate governance specialist for its senior management team.
Purpose of the Role
This role will provide guidance and support to the Boards and Senior Management Teams of this leading Irish life assurance company in implementing best in class governance in the context of local legal and regulatory frameworks. You will work to enhance and leverage existing processes as well as having significant input into building new processes. The role is based in Dublin City Centre with a very flexible hybrid working arrangement.
Within the Group, the Company Secretary is responsible for:
- Enabling and supporting the effective and efficient governance of the Boards and the Board Committees by working with the respective Chairs to develop an appropriate work programme for the Boards and relevant Committees;
- Procuring and reviewing the content of Board papers for clarity and completeness and responding to information requests from Directors; minuting of discussions, conclusions and decisions at Board & Committee meetings and following up on specific actions arising;
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of legal and governance developments and practices and providing advice to the Boards and Senior Management Teams on their responsibilities and the implications for them of any changes which arise;
- Managing, coaching, motivating and developing a team so as to establish and maintain the highest secretarial standards, expertise and service to key stakeholders.
- Ensuring effective information flows within the Boards and Committees and between the Executive / Senior Management Teams and the Non-Executive Directors.
- Maintaining the statutory records and registers.
- Work with the wider GSO team in fulfilling the broader accountabilities of the office.
What is the opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a member of the Management Team and build key relationships with the Boards and Senior Management Teams by providing advice and guidance on the conduct of business, governance and compliance.
Third level academic qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Chartered Secretary; Law; Accounting, Business Degree etc. and familiarity with Company Law, Corporate Governance and current secretarial practices.
Essential Skills & Experience
- A growth mind-set essential, with the ambition and passion to make continuous improvement and drive creative thinking, leading by example to achieve a simpler but highly effective governance structure and operation;
- 5 years + experience of undertaking company secretarial support to substantive boards / committees, ideally thanks to working for an Irish regulated Insurance / Financial Services provider
- Strong influencing, communication and negotiating skills, with the presence and knowledge to enrich relationships and have impact at the most senior levels of the organisation;
- A strong business acumen, with an understanding of how Boards operate and an ability to identify the essential information Executives need to enable them reach sound business decisions;
- A capacity to contribute to business decision making and to operate confidently at Senior Executive level, challenging, where necessary, to ensure proper governance is applied and Group values are adhered to;
- Excellent communicator, with high impact and well-developed influencing and stakeholder management / engagement skills;
- The ability to distil lengthy and complex discussion material and capture succinctly the critical issues that led to the conclusions/decisions taken;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple demanding initiatives concurrently, balancing multiple priorities and execute against tight deadlines;
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and develop high performing teams.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.