You are visiting this website from:
Skip to main content
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH773362 Jan 14, 2021 €70k - €90k
Security Engineer in a high performing team, responsible for the design and implementation of security tooling and controls.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring existing and new services are securely implemented with the use of appropriate security controls and processes
- Development, maintenance and ongoing improvement of security tooling, process and ways of working in the areas of Information Security Governance, Risk, Compliance and Security Architecture
To be successful you will need to have the following;
- Strong communciation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Flexible approach to work and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong technical experience with Windows OS and a working knowledge of Linux and Unix
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform Security Architecture reviews and Threat Assessments against new and existing applications and services
- Assist with security risk assessments and provide input into security and risk mitigation strategies
- Investigation of security incidents
- Support security tooling and identigy automation opportunities for improvement of efficiency
- Support ongoing development of information security policies and standards
- Proactively investigate and research new threats to the organisation and propose solutions/actions to mitigate.
- Identify cybersecurity trends with regards to adversary tactics/methodologies, and techniques that could impact the organisation
Essential Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking protocols
- Strong Technical and professional hands-on experience with Windows Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of Linux and Unix
- Experience in performing penetration tests and/or vulnerability assessments on web applications and networks
- Strong understanding of Firewalls and other networking technologies.
- Experience with security tools (such as Burp, nmap, fuzzers, and other penetration testing tools)
- Understanding of industry standards and frameworks such as NIST, ISO, PSD 2
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant - Technology | Cyber Security