- BBBH771338 Dec 03, 2020 €40k - €50k
Our client are one of Ireland's leading specilaist engineering companies recognised globall foe their exceptional employees and excellent Continuous Professional Development programs.
The successful candidate will be based in West Dublin and work on projects countrywide.
We are looking for a SCADA Technician to work closely with engineers within our Controls and Automation Department. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals seeking to gain experience and develop their skills in this field. This position will report directly to the Controls and Automation Manager.
Our client focus on retaining their employees so that the company can continue to develop and succeed within the industry. They are committed to developing their staff and their CPD Programme is accredited by Engineers Ireland.
- Using PLC documentation, P&ID drawings, I/O lists and FDS documents to configure SCADA systems to meet client specification.
- Testing, Commissioning and validating of SCADA systems on site.
- Carry out modifications to existing SCADA systems.
- Configuration of industrial network hardware and fibre optic systems.
- Configuration of communications software systems.
- Diagnosing and repairing faults with SCADA, PLC and Network hardware and software on-site.
- Configuration and maintenance of Windows based PC software.
- Maintaining a consistent high standard across all projects.
- Ensuring activities are carried out in safe manner in accordance with the Project Safety Plan.
- Accurate maintenance of Quality Management System records.
- Ensure equipment is calibrated, in date and suitable checked in accordance with company policies and the manufacturers' defined requirements.
- Liaison with the PLC engineer and others during on-site commissioning activities.
- Ensure SCADA configurations are backed up and archived.
- Working as part of a team to develop and maintain contract documentation
- Carry out Controls & Automation office administration tasks.
- Experience working in a controls and automation role
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Networking experience (desirable)
- PC trouble shooting skills (desirable)
- Experience in Water & Wastewater (desirable)
Minimum Level 6 qualification in an engineering discipline (Electrical/Electronic desirable).
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 21 2300300