- Jan 25, 2023
- €70k - €90k
Key hire for one of Ireland's leading financial service establishments, flexible hybrid working model and Dublin CC location.
Regulatory Compliance Advisory- Upstream and Regulatory Change, Group Compliance
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
Compliance & Assurance is an independent, second line of defence function within the wider Risk function.
We are looking for a dynamic Regulatory Compliance Relationship Manager to join the Regulatory Compliance Team, with particular experience in identifying, assessing and monitoring regulatory change and implementation.
The role is required to provide support to business units and internal stakeholders on regulatory compliance matters, including providing advice, critically assessing regulatory change solutions and contributing towards project delivery. The role is key to our second line Compliance function with responsibility for Compliance engagement with key business stakeholders. The Regulatory Compliance Team is responsible for providing independent advice, guidance and oversight in respect of upstream regulation, prudential, wholesale/investment and conduct of business regulations from a compliance perspective.
This is an exciting and challenging position with the opportunity to work within a team, whilst working closely with senior and specialist colleagues across the organisation.
We're looking for someone who can:
- Assist with the identification, interpretation and analysis of existing and upstream regulation and legislation within the scope of the Regulatory Compliance Universe, which may impact on the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Work with key stakeholders across the Group and its Subsidiaries to ensure all conduct of business and prudential risks are identified, assessed and effectively managed / mitigated and all regulatory requirements are met. Provide relevant, consistent and timely risk appropriate advice and support to the business.
- Constructively engage with senior management in key business relationships across the Group, to ensure that business areas are aware of the impact of new and existing regulations and key developments in their regulatory environment. Proactively engage with business units to resolve complex regulatory matters.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with senior key stakeholders across the Bank, working in a co-operative and constructively challenging manner. Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Group's processes and organisational structure.
- Identify prudential and conduct of business regulation risks through review and challenge of business processes/changes and communicate these clearly and concisely to impacted business areas. Critically evaluate solutions to regulatory challenges and provide robust, clear and professional advice.
- Represent the Compliance function at key Risk governance fora and various Steering Committees.
- Communicate complex regulatory themes through advice to business units, policy development and internal governance.
- Manage a variety of issues, respond to fast-paced deadlines and take responsibility for the ownership and completion of tasks to a high standard.
- Review and assess Compliance owned frameworks and policies, the Risk Appetite Statements and the Material Risk Assessment and engage with 1LOD/2LOD stakeholders on the same. Review & challenge The Group policies and supporting regulatory gap analysis.
- Instil ownership of regulatory compliance risk within the 1st line Business Areas through targeted training and awareness initiatives. Support and embed a strong risk culture at all times throughout the organisation.
You will need to show us that you can/have:
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.