Numerical Modeller (Engineering)
- BBBH789008 Jul 29, 2021 €50k - €70k
This role will form a key part of a growing engineering team, based in our client's Dublin HQ, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to excel with a progressive and exciting new company.
As Numerical Modeller you will undertake research activities, supporting system development and qualification through:
- Development and verification of detailed analytical and mathematical models of our client's product range, subsystems and components in modelling tools like Matlab, Simulink, Ansys and Python.
- Continuous improvement of model credibility and fidelity through analysis and implementation of experimental data.
As a member of a diverse and talented technical team you will be required to work on multi-disciplinary projects, interfacing with leading technical experts in various fields to incorporate components of the model.
- Develop mathematical models and modelling tasks as guided by the Project Manager or Technical Lead.
- Develop separately both high-level and detailed technical models to support trade-off studies and detailed engineering design decisions respectively.
- Develop and verify models of the system, subsystem and component designs using inputs from subject matter experts (SMEs) and Test Engineers.
- Identify and implement appropriate model constraints by interfacing with SMEs.
- Analyse model results and communicate outputs, limitations and sensitivities to Technical Leads to support design decisions.
- Prepare technical reports and documentation to communicate model complexity, structure, inputs and outputs for technical reviews .
- Support Data Acquisition and analyse test data using verified/industry standard techniques for implementation within models or comparison to model outputs.
- Demonstrate autonomy by delivering on your responsibilities by and showing initiative through task scope development and completion, consistency in delivery of outputs, improving output quality and contributing to improving SuperNode's product development strategy and approach.
Experience and Skills required:
- Educated to NFQ 8/10 (Masters or PhD ) in any STEM subject. Physics, applied mathematics, engineering or computer science would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven strength in mathematical modelling and/or the simulation of physical systems (e.g. mechanical, structural, electrical or thermodynamic systems).
- Expert in modelling using Matlab/Simulink, Python or equiv.
- Experience with the analysis and application of physical test data to numerical models.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in FEA/CFD modelling.
- Desirable experience working with Research Institutions.
- Experience in a similar role would be a clear advantage (e.g. Internship, practical applications of theory).
- Desirable experience in heavy industry products R&D, through the TRL cycles.
- Full-time, permanent position based in the Tech Centre in Dublin;
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- The successful candidate will become part of a world-class research and development team developing cutting edge green technology with global impact;
- Through mentoring and wider team engagement, the successful candidate will develop a broad range of skills in novel technology development and commercialisation;
- Our client will support you in your engineering career to work towards achieving chartership with Engineers Ireland or an equivalent body;
- They will support you in developing a career pathway which will leverage your experience and ensure you achieve your career objectives.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Manager | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300