- BBBH773387 Jan 14, 2021 Competitive
This is an exciting role with lots of potential to design, lead and deliver robust food plans that will underpin the company's future food direction.
This role will cover all food related categories in the retail business, and you will work closely with supply partners including the company's own production kitchen.
This role will primarily involve developing market leading initiatives in the Fresh Food categories including Ready Meals, Bakery and Protein but also other developing areas within the business that are important in delivering our overall future food strategy. Working with agreed business objectives you will be responsible for leading all New Product Development projects.
The role requires a strong Food Science/Culinary and Project Management skillset. The successful candidate will be a driven and highly motivated team player.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Designing a practical and effective New Product Development Process for the business and its many functions to adhere to.
- Develop a suite of relevant KPI's that are used to measure progress
- Manage the strategic pipeline of work for future Product Development projects.
- Trend setting allowing the company to lead the market in its chosen categories.
- Working cross-functionally with numerous departments such as Quality, Operations, Marketing & Purchasing to ensure projects run smoothly, on time, in scope & adhere to agreed project performance targets.
- You will successfully deliver product innovation through the use of process for the organisation by driving food developments from the initial concept phase right through to the launch of product and or concepts.
- Creating, developing, and improving our supplier partnership relationships.
- Ensuring that new product specifications and product quality are in line with the company's requirements. Setting a high bar for the Brand and are Industry leading.
- Identifying new food trends and benchmarking against competitors' both domestically and internationally.
- Making presentations to stakeholders internally.
- Ensuring that the NPD, purchasing and operations work collaboratively with a customer focus and a can-do attitude challenging capability.
- Degree qualified in Food Science or culinary discipline is essential
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience with new food product development is essential
- NPD experience gained in the food industry
- Skills & experience of customer relationship management and presentations
- Passion for food product innovation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literate Good excel, word, strong PowerPoint skills.
- Good project management skills
- Success driven
- Highly motivated team player
- Previous Chef experience an advantage
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
+353 21 2300300