- 1363 Nov 23, 2020 Competitive
NBI is looking for an experienced Relationship Manager to lead the delivery of the NBP Project Agreement with DECC. You will develop and manage a set of senior relationships and ensure all contractual
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built and operated by National Broadband Ireland (NBI), using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Central to the success in the NBP is the implementation and operation of the Project Agreement between NBI and Department of Environment Climate and Communication, (DECC) that describes how the parties have agreed to work together to deliver broadband infrastructure to enable the delivery of the Government's digital policy.
DECC manages the contract governance as the contracting authority on behalf of the State who will fund a maximum possible cost of €3 Billion over 25 years. This role will manage the relationship between NBI and DECC for the delivery of the Project Agreement. It will work with the wider NBI organisation to align activities, deliverables and plans to deliver against the Project Agreement's obligations and expectations that develop in the natural course of engagement of any large-scale project.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
NBI is looking for an experienced Relationship Manager to lead the delivery of the NBP Project Agreement with DECC. You will develop and manage a set of senior relationships and ensure all contractual milestones are delivered to establish NBI as a trusted supplier of high-speed broadband services to the State.
- Management and ownership of the delivery of the Project Agreement.
- Develop and own the process to manage delivery of the Project Agreement.
- Ensure contractual milestones or requirements are monitored, measured and reported.
- Ensure reporting of NBI performance on matters relating to progress against the Project Agreement, delivery of network, services, performance against performance indicators, development and launch of products is delivered as defined in the Project Agreement.
- Manage the day-to-day interface and relationship between NBI and DECC to ensure NBI delivers the Project Agreement's obligations and commitments.
- Responsible for agreeing and managing the agenda and scope for NBIs participation at working groups.
- Manage the organisation, execution and delivery of obligations, actions and plans agreed at the working groups defined by the project governance and communications framework.
- Define and implement a process to manage issues that have the potential to delay or impact NBI performance of the Agreement and minimise the use of the formal dispute resolution process. Work with DECC to understand and manage emerging issues. Lead the resolution of such issues.
- Lead the communication between DECC and NBI to communicate progress, risks, issues. This is to be achieved without unnecessary disruption or duplication of the activities delivered by other functions within NBII or NBID.
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with DECC and NBI as well as other key ecosystem stakeholders.
- Report on progress to ensure strategic objectives and decision making are informed by obligations, expectations and status of delivery of the Project Agreement.
- Support wider leadership team to develop capabilities needed by NBI to be successful in the creation of a national broadband network.
- Embed NBI's key value of a focus on results and integrity in all dealings with DECC to build a reputation as a trusted supplier.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experienced contract delivery manager with at least 5 years' senior experience of multi-million managed projects in a customer facing role. (Essential)
- At least 5 years' experience of delivering large scale projects and programmes with commercial or programme responsibilities. (Essential)
- Experience in the design and implementation of operating processes to support contract reporting, performance monitoring and communications frameworks.
- Experience in developing and managing large internal and external cross functional teams where there is a requirement to prioritise multiple often conflicting tasks within a fast-paced, deadline oriented, environment (Essential)
- Strong track record in consulting with senior business leaders and managers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, in person, in presentations and on paper.
- Identify and address programme risks and issues. Ability to complete independent risk assessments and prioritise remediation in line with business and contractual requirements.
- Experience of using industry standard project management methodologies.
- Current data telecommunications experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications business would be an advantage.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Be willing and able to "roll up sleeves" and apply them self to any task.
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
Morgan McKinley are acting as a Recruitment Agency for this role.