- 1362 Nov 20, 2020 Competitive
We are currently seeking to hire a Head of Risk & Compliance who will evolve, manage and deliver our existing Corporate Governance and Risk and Compliance structures in line with our contract obligati
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
We are currently seeking to hire a Head of Risk & Compliance who will evolve, manage and deliver our existing Corporate Governance and Risk and Compliance structures in line with our contract obligations within the NBP Contract with the Department of Environment, Climate and Communications ('DECC'). This will be an integral role across NBI.
- Lead and inspire the risk & compliance function to develop a high performing, highly motivated and effective team with a strong independent and value-adding culture.
- Design approaches, plan and manage the execution of a Corporate Governance and Risk and Compliance Roadmap, all based on a detailed understanding of the NBP Contract and how NBI will support the delivery against these contractual obligations from a Corporate Governance, Risk and Compliance perspective.
- Consider innovative approaches to be able to design and execute plans.
- Lead, co-ordinate and deliver various work activities, including the delivery of high-quality deliverables and successful outcomes alongside a detailed plan.
- Advise, facilitate and support business function heads with the establishment of new business processes and controls as the business develops and grows.
- Identify and address compliance risks and issues and prioritise remediation in line with business and stakeholder requirements.
- Provide the second line of defence for compliance and risk management within NBI and independent assurance to the senior management team, Audit & Risk Committees and Boards of NBI so that core processes, risks and governance issues are adequately controlled & managed
- Work with internal audit to develop a flexible, risk-based internal audit plan.
- Educate and train the broader organisation on risk disciplines and support the embedding of compliance and risk management practices across the organisation.
- Be accountable for quality outcomes in line with internal standards and contract requirements.
- Lead interactions with DECC and its advisors with respect to Corporate Governance, Risk and Compliance including ability to represent NBI at working groups and other governance fora.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experienced Risk or Compliance professionals who have experience in working in highly regulated environments, preferably in telecoms or infrastructure sector and /or a professional services firm.
- Ability to assimilate and interpret legal text and documents, although no legal qualification is expected.
- Experience in Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk and other key risk frameworks including their design and implementation.
- Strong understanding of Corporate Governance best practice and its application & execution.
- High level of integrity and independence whilst also able to partner with the business in meaningful ways through building trusting relationships and connections.
- Proficient in designing and implementing risk management frameworks and processes including risk identification, risk assessment, risk mitigation (including controls evaluation), risk monitoring and reporting. Ability to complete top down and bottom up risk assessments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, drive, enthusiasm and commitment. Experience in high quality delivery to tight timescales.
- Experience in managing multiple pieces of work / projects concurrently including ability to multi-task and prioritise, at times, conflicting priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills, teamwork, and stakeholder management skills. In your role you will be expected to work closely with the senior management team and present and engage with C-suite and Board level management.
- A broad range of knowledge and understanding on wider commercial, business and economic issues; commercial acumen and strategic mindset.
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
Morgan McKinley are acting as a Recruitment Agency for this role.