- 1385 Dec 15, 2020 Competitive
NBI Deployment is looking for an experienced Commercial Administrator to provide support to the Commercial Team to *Assist Quantity Surveyors with day to day, weekly and monthly commercial reporting.
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
NBI Deployment is looking for an experienced Commercial Administrator to provide support to the Commercial Team.
- Assist Quantity Surveyors with day to day, weekly and monthly commercial reporting as required
- Checking and evaluating subcontractor claims for blockages of ducting
- Assist with the administration of applications for payment and payment of subcontractors to ensure positive cash flow where possible and fair valuations.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly subcontractor reports
- Assist in the preparation of monthly subcontract payment certificates
- Assist in preparation of sub-contract accruals. Agree/present to Surveyor.
- Issue contra-charges as appropriate/directed.
- Working alongside Commercial Team to ensure compliance with Internal procedures
- Participate in monthly commercial reviews
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, contractor contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- General office duties including accurate collation and storage of information.
- Processing and issuing sub-contract orders for approval by surveyors.
- Administration duties at Procurement stage, preparing enquiry packs, collating tender
- Assisting the Quantity Surveyors with the preparation and justification of any variations or claims permitted under the contract(s) with the Department, contractors or suppliers.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a cross functional environment and build relationships internally.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Commercial experience in infrastructure and / or telecommunications industry.
- Extensive understanding of the civil engineering / infrastructure / utilities industry
- Good attention to detail, with a methodical and analytical approach to work
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands on, flexible can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with NBI.