- JN -052023-1932235
- May 04, 2023
My client, a start-up of a global technology giant, is looking for a Legal Counsel to lead and execute legal support to all Ireland business centre operations across EU regions
- Legal and contractual documents review (i.e. customer agreements, privacy statements, site terms, cloud service agreements), offering legal advices, providing support and assistance during contract negotiation and execution;
- Work with business, operational (such as human resources and administration), technology and sales teams to identify and analyze legal issues associated with our cloud business operations and development in the regions and advise on legal risk mitigation;
- Develop legal procedures, policies and practices to support the operation of Ireland Business Centre;
- Handle litigations and pre-litigation procedures in the regions.
- Partner with the global team to continually improve our legal and compliance programs to help Ireland Business Centre to scale up its business in compliance with the applicable laws, regulations and authorities supervisory;
- Provide trainings to the business teams on compliance to heighten the knowledge on the legal compliance;
- Be responsible for insights into laws of Ireland and other countries where Ireland Business Centre operates, tracking important legislation, providing legislative opinions feedback, and maintaining the business environment.
- Select and oversee external counsels in liaison with headquarter Legal Department (e.g., evaluate service providers, manage costs and performance);
- Manage the seal and responsible for the corporate documents;
- Manage the local legal resource and represent the Company in front of the local authorities;
- File business registrations and keep it updated according to the business landscape;
- Assist in developing and implementation of internal resolutions, guidance and policies;
- Make due reports to headquarter Legal Department on the work and matters as required.
- University Degree Holder in LLB/LLM with a recognized university in common law jurisdictions.
- A strong understanding of EU & Irish's laws and regulations, especially PDPA, e-commerce and competition. If any knowledge of the laws in other regions (e.g. Asia Pacific) is a plus.
- Qualified lawyer in Ireland with minimum 3 years post qualified experiences in reputable practices in Ireland, UK and EU. Experience gained from cloud service provider or e-commerce companies is a big plus.
- Ability to learn and think independently and output high-quality work results.
- Be a business partner, able to explain details to business units and communicate well with all team members in the organization.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills and crisis-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player. We are looking for a self-starter with a 'can-do' attitude.
- Excellent command of spoken and written in English
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.