- BBBH795620 Oct 08, 2021 Competitive
Are you a highly experienced biotech professional looking for a new challenge in a business which will give you huge exposure to new products and processes ?
Lead Biotech Technician
One of the worlds leading Biotech companies is looking to add experienced and high achieving Lead Technicians to their rapidly expanding team in Leinster. This role will give the successful candidate a huge wealth of experience across the several product lines and in various areas of the production process.
Candidates for this role will need to display a large amount of experience in the are of Biotechnology as well as a strong desire to be a leader and resource within an established team.
What you will do:
Bring your energy, knowledge, and innovation to:
- The production of biologic drug substance on their designated shift and act as a coach and a technical point of contact for others on the shift team, acting as a key liaison for the manufacturing shift lead for ongoing operations in a process area.
- Trouble shooting and problem solving in conjunction with the ability to lead the self-directed work teams in their processing area.
- The progression of an automated recipe using paperless technology in order to generate the drug substance through inoculation and cell culturing activities leading to filtration and purification of the product.
- Setting up the single use equipment between runs, carrying out the production process according to world class GMP and EHS principles and driving to optimise and improve the processing activities through use of standard work and lean processing techniques.
- Act as a coach or mentor to one's peers on specific unit operations as required to support the value stream
- Lead and sponsor approved projects and continuous improvement initiatives that are in alignment with the site strategies.
- Act as primary delegate for the manufacturing shift lead during emergency events.
What skills you will need:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Level 8 degree in a technical, engineering or science based discipline or equivalent
- At least 5 years' experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry desirable, (preferably both) or equivalent.
- Leadership Skills - demonstrated ability to lead and achieve outstanding results.
- Proven record of accomplishments in a regulated industry, thorough knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and general technical and biologic operations understanding required.
- Ability to think logically and be proactive under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative in a constructive manner.
If you feel you are the right person for the role or would like to learn more, please apply here!
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant | Supply Chain Recruitment
+353(1) 4 321 555