Junior Electrical Engineer
- BBBH789007 Jul 29, 2021 €30k - €40k
This role will form a key part of a growing engineering team, based in our client's Dublin HQ, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to excel with a progressive and exciting new company.
The primary function of the Electrical Engineer role is to work with the engineering team and project partners to develop electrical aspects from concept through to qualification:
- supporting the detailed design and testing of a world-first prototype system;
- the design of pre-commercial, scaled demonstration projects;
- supporting commercial techno-economic analyses.
- Take ownership of the delivery of tasks within the electrical engineering discipline;
- Undertake electrical design and functional requirements definition for relevant components of the superconductor cable system;
- Engage with supply chain companies on the sourcing of equipment and development of fabrication and installation plans to deliver on the requirements;
- Analysis, development and presentation of technical proposals and reports;
- Engage with senior management on the development of the superconductor cable system technology.
Experience and Skills required:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years' experience with design engineering background
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and other electrical design packages.
- Experience with Power System Modelling software would be beneficial but not essential.
- Good written and presentation skills;
- Keen interest in the Energy Sector;
- Full-time, permanent position based in the Tech Centre in Dublin;
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- If successful you will become part of a world-class research and development team developing cutting edge green technology with global impact;
- Through mentoring and wider team engagement, you will develop a broad range of skills in novel technology development and commercialisation;
- Our client will support you in your engineering career to work towards achieving chartership with Engineers Ireland or an equivalent body;
- They will support you in developing a career pathway which will leverage your experience and ensure you achieve your career objectives.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Manager | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300