JR Java Software Engineer
- BBBH795420 Oct 07, 2021 Competitive
Junior Java Developer
Morgan McKinley are really exciting to partner with an iconic Irish brand. We are collaboratively looking for a Junior Java Software Engineer to join the team in a permanent capacity.
Purpose of role
Reporting to the Services Lead, the candidate will help with the delivery of enhancements and value within in the Software Engineering programme plan. The candidate will be supported and coached along the way to guide and help them in delivering their work as part of a cross-functional scrum team.
- Developing, testing and maintaining quality Java code to enhance sevices.
- Collaborating with scrum team members and wider EI Tech department
- Contributing in all phases of the development cycle
- Debugging and resolving technical issues which arise
- Support continuous improvement culture (research / investigate alternative technologies / approaches)
- Developing automated tests (unit, integration) to enhance quality of code
Knowledge and Experience
- 1-3 year's experience programming with Java or similar
- Knowledge of Spring framework a plus
- Understanding of REST, JSON, SQL and NoSql databases
- Opportunity to learn and work with microservices and cloud technologies (AWS)
- Quality focused delivery using unit testing
- Continuous build / integration (Jenkins, Gradle, Git)
- Good communications skill, ability to work as part of a team and willingness to ask for help
- Analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555