Head of Operational Resilience
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH814205 Apr 27, 2022 Competitive
Group Risk independent oversight, review and challenge of operational resilience risk management (including Business Continuity Management) ...............
HEAD OF OPERATIONAL RESILIENCE
Group Risk independent oversight, review and challenge of operational resilience risk management (including Business Continuity Management) to ensure the adequate identification, assessment, recording and reporting of operational resilience risk.
- Independent review and challenge of Group Resilience and Business Continuity Management, IT, and business units in relation to on premises, cloud solutions and key outsource partner services to ensure operational resilience risks are being considered and managed appropriately.
- Effectively represent the independent Group Risk view of operational resilience risk at management risk committees, programme steering meetings, Group governance committees etc. to ensure the right risks are being considered and proposed mitigating controls are challenged.
- Articulate operational resilience risk perspectives in clear and accessible language both written and verbal to ensure the risks are understood by the different stakeholders (both technical and nontechnical).
- Prepare Group Risk insight papers on the operational resilience risks and review and challenge Group Resilience and Business Continuity Management, Business Unit and IT operational resilience papers to committees to ensure awareness and understanding of operational resilience risks.
- Maintain a clear and comprehensive Operational Resilience Risk framework, policy and standards to ensure Group Resilience and Business Continuity management, Business Unit and IT risk managers have clear parameters and guidance within which they must operate.
- Compile, interpret and provide briefing notes on operational resilience risk reporting metrics monthly and quarterly to highlight and provide independent insight into the issues that are arising.
Key Capabilities Required
- Extensive experience of operating at a senior risk management level in a financial services organisation - e.g. Operational resilience risk professional, IT risk professional, Business Continuity professional.
- Proven track record in operational resilience risk management in Financial Services.
- Understanding of operational resilience in the context of significant outsourcing.
- Up to date knowledge of regulatory and industry guidelines for risk management and mitigation in financial services.
- An ability to collaborate, challenge and influence at senior levels inside and outside the organisation including senior executive and Board level; and engaging with regulators and external stakeholders as required. This includes providing strategic risk analysis and risk perspectives to inform key risk and Group decisions on approach to Operational Resilience risk management.
- Credibility, gravitas, resilience and independence to influence proposals or challenge decisions which affect Group exposure to operational resilience risk.
- Proven track record in operating effectively with IT Management, Business Continuity Management, Group Risk oversight teams and Internal Audit.
- Experience of leading and achieving significant uplift in capability in risk management practices.
- Extensive experience of leading a team of risk management professionals, including ensuring there are appropriate skills and up to date industry knowledge on the team to provide a best in class second line of defence in the area of Operational Resilience.
- Strong track record in the areas of solving problems, delivering quality, achieving results, thinking strategically and managing change.
All interested candidates should send CVS to firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.