- JN -042023-1928635
- Apr 12, 2023
- €50k - €70k
A leading bank is looking to hire a first line risk assurance specialist, excellent salary and career progression. 3 years experience.
The Retail First Line Assurance team is a dynamic and highly motivated team which strives to make a real difference to first line risk culture and drive better outcomes for our customers, staff and business.
The team has a challenging remit which includes the delivery of First Line Assurance and the Product Assurance Programme, to give ExCo Members the confidence that their business is operating in a controlled and sustainable manner.
A vacancy now exists for the role of First Line Risk and Assurance Specialist. This is an exciting opportunity to lead out on key risk management activities, from beginning to end whilst building knowledge on risk management disciplines, as well as knowledge of key processes in first line areas across Retail Banking.
Key responsibilities for the role are:
- Lead reviews analysing and testing the control landscape across Retail with a focus on identifying potential control weaknesses and areas for process/control enhancements- this includes identifying the key processes for review, analysing the key risks & controls, testing and reporting findings.
- Leads a team of assurance professionals to deliver these reviews in line with the FLA Framework, FLA Methodology and GAM to agreed plan.
- Review and interpret data to identify inconsistencies, trends and areas of potential concern which require further investigation.
- Supporting the delivery of the Bank's Project & Change Agenda - representing Retail on key strategic programmes, ensuring the impacts of the change are understood from inception to BAU and that the change is optimally delivered and governed in line with agreed methodologies and best practice.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of applicable frameworks and methodologies.
- Support the career development of less experienced staff and new joiners.
- Collaboration: Engages with key stakeholders in Retail and 2/3LOD to promote and maintain strong working relationships, built on positive collaboration and trust.
- Culture and Conduct: Champions a Customer First culture in support of our Purpose, strategic ambition and Brand Values, by ensuring processes and procedures consistently promote good outcomes for all our customers.
Minimum Criteria: Please note that the following criteria form the basis of your answers on the application form.
- Performs well as part of a highly engaged and motivated team.
- Experience of risk analysis and report writing.
- Technical experience of risk management/assurance processes and banking systems.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in any of the following - first line risk management, assurance, risk, compliance or audit
- Risk and/or Compliance Qualification preferable but not mandatory.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.