Financial Controller- Retail
- BBBH784802 Jun 11, 2021 €70k - €90k
Exciting opportunity for Financial Controller with a leading Irish Retail Group based in North Wicklow/ South Dublin. Empowering and lead a small personable team of three direct reports.
Exciting opportunity for Financial Controller with a leading Irish Retail Group based in North Wicklow/ South Dublin.
This is an exciting, hands-on role where you will assume full responsibility for the group reporting activities, whilst reporting to the board of directors. As the Group Financial Controller you will empower and lead a small personable team of three direct reports.
- Oversight and control of all aspects of accounts department work
- Oversee and control production of weekly KPI reports
- Preparation of Quarterly company Accounts
- Prepare accounts Projections
- Cash flow management and audit of internal financial control systems
- Leading the annual audit ensuring delivery to audit team on a timely basis
- Deliver all statutory returns, whilst liaising with Revenue, CSO etc
- Liaise with Bank in connection with all funding requirements and banking matters
- Manage Group's Tenant and Rent portfolio
- Provide accounting and regulatory guidance on key accounting issues impacting the business
- Collaborate with internal management and Directors to develop & continually improve processes & systems for both financial and statutory reporting
- Lead in development and implementation of improved control processes
- Constantly challenge current processes and ways of working in business area to ensure maximum efficiency
- Enhance the efficiencies of processes within the Accounts Dept to its full potential.
- Drive efficiency with cost reducing KPI development
Qualifications and Person Specification:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA )
- 3 - 5 years min post qual. experience in similar role
- Ability to drive change and influence
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should be able to deliver in a fast-paced work environment & to strive for excellence
- Positive energy & attitude with a desire to drive constant improvement & change
- Proven analytical expertise
- Flexibility around deadlines
- Strong excel and ERP systems skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.