- JN -092023-1947058
- Sep 13, 2023
Our public sector client is seeking a Facilities & Office co-ordinator to work closely with the HR team, H&S service providers, building facilities teams, and other departments within the organisation
Key Responsibilities of the role of Facilities and Office Co-ordinator
General Office/Administration Duties
- Manage incoming and outgoing post and couriers; Sign for deliveries and distribute around the office; order and arrange transport for WFH/IT equipment for new starters and leavers
- Support with inventory control of general office supplies by ordering and responding to specific supply requests within a pre-approved budget.
- Manage staff locker and pedestal allocation, keys, and maintenance.
- Monitor the car park allocation and manage the flexible/bookable spaces.
- Manage stationary requirements for the office to ensure adequate supplies in line with procurement guidelines.
- Oversee and manage kitchen amenities (restock tea/coffee, cleaning, and kitchen utensil requirements)
- Liaise with IT to set-up and maintain conference/meeting rooms for key events.
- Resolve issues with meeting rooms and offices, ensuring facilities are fully functional, and log issues with appropriate facilities services providers, monitor catering provision/client dining, liaising with contract caterers and clients where necessary.
- Monitor and maintain office procedures and administrative systems.
- Main point of contact to meet and greet visitors/clients and monitor ID badge protocols including booking visitors in with building security
- Support meetings with internal and external stakeholders including room set up, catering requirements and other associated requirements
Facility Management Duties
- Maintain the condition of the office, ensure equipment is in good working order, and arrange for any necessary repairs and regular maintenance
- Act as main point of contact for internal facility related matters registered on external facility Issue notification system.
- Support all needs, problems and changes relating to the building and building related services and ensure a speedy resolution to any queries that arise.
- Coordinate daily/weekly/monthly cleaning provision liaising with contractors.
- Ensure that office meets government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Assist with monthly office walkabout, monitor, and report on H&S checklist.
- Support maintenance of up-to-date office floor plans and associated documentation.
- Encourage and communicate expectations around office cleanliness- hot desk booking system, "clean desk policy"; plan regular office tidy-ups, keeping fire escape routes clear etc.
- Arrange any required works with the necessary contractors (planned and unplanned works)
Liaison with internal Departments regarding relevant matters: e.g., Security, Car Park, Building Maintenance, H&S
- Act as the first point of contact for the landlord/building management on facilities matters - ensure any issues are dealt with effectively.
- Coordinate and liaise with external contractors/building management representatives and organise proactive maintenance to prevent issues occurring.
- Be first point of contact for our neighbouring tenants on building related matters.
- Attend any external meetings with the landlord and other tenants of Three Park Place and keep updated on building related matters.
- Support HR&OD with the effective planning and organisation of seating arrangements/desk moves etc.
- Assist with other work-related duties that may arise as part of the general working of the office.
- Play a proactive role and support Health & Safety initiatives and activities and Green Team activities.
Education: 3rd level in facilities, office management, health & safety or other relevant field.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1 year minimum of relevant experience working within office/facilities management.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to take ownership of the role.
- An understanding of Health and Safety policy & practice in an office environment desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing to a variety of stakeholders.
- Good IT skills, knowledge of and the ability to quickly learn. MS Office packages will be required.
- Ability to implement procedures in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Experience of setting up meeting logistics.
- Ability to coordinate multiple events, tasks and responsibilities and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to respond quickly and calmly to problems and transmit confidence and professionalism.
- A professional and enthusiastic attitude and friendly disposition.
- The ability to deal with confidential data.
There may be a requirement for the successful candidate to further develop specialist knowledge and expertise relevant to the role. Training will be encouraged (formal and informal) and supported where required.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.