Employee Relations Specialist
- BBBH771755 Dec 10, 2020 Competitive
Our client, a global tech company based in Dublin 18, is looking for an Employee Relations Specialist to join their team and manage employee relations cases across the Western Europe region.
We're looking for a HR manager who is passionate about influencing and impacting a high growth and dynamic business through effective management (both proactive and reactive) of employee relations and related activities. This person will be a member of the team accountable for managing employee relations cases across the Western Europe region while analysing trends and building linkages to management development, retention efforts and HR business intelligence activity.
This role sits on a Western Europe team and so presents an opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in other European countries and gain insight and experience in other jurisdictions.
- Partnering with managers and business leaders on issues including poor performance, policy violations and investigations; managing cases from beginning to conclusion
- Effectively resolving a caseload of varying complexity in a professional and timely manner while ensuring that you are adhering to internal policies and guidelines and mitigating potential risks to the company. You will employ a variety of tactics and adapt to the various situations in each part of the organisation
- Improving manager capability by providing coaching to managers and employees
- Leveraging your insights to influence all levels of the organisation and effectively handling complex employee situations that could have high organisational impact
- Partnering across line HR to organise training for managers on preventing employee relations issues, effective management of performance cases, giving performance feedback, employee engagement and retention, compensation analytics and other topics related to manager effectiveness
- Contributing to HR policy and practice projects scaled across Western Europe
- Utilising consulting skills to effectively contract work with clients
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience as an Employee Relations specialist in a high-volume environment
- Track record in conducting investigations and disciplinary hearings
- Detailed knowledge in Employee Relations and HR best practices
- CIPD preferred
- Ability to partner with HR and legal teams to effectively manage and all types of employee relations cases
- Excellent coaching, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills, including strong communication, collaboration, case handling and project management
- Analytical skills with ability to use data to form hypotheses, draw insights, form narratives, prioritise and influence decisions
- Strong working knowledge of employment law and the ability to appropriately spot employment risk issues
- Ability to recognise trends and identify systemic approaches to solving problems
- Business and people acumen and ability to influence employees and managers at all levels
- Ability to use experience and judgement to make decisions that may be based on partial information
- Comfort and experience dealing with ambiguity, change and challenging problems
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Remote Delivery
021 2300 300