Dublin City Centre
- BBBH764065 Dec 08, 2020 Competitive
A start up company in Dublin looking for an enthusiastic Supply Chain Professional with experience in FMCG distribution
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious and entrepreneurial Supply Chain Professional to make a real and noticeable impact on a new company!
What Can this role offer you?
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme
- The first Monday of each month off - 4 day week
- Subsidised gym membership, up to €50/month
- Flexible working hours
- Scope for remote work
- Free company products
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 paid volunteer day per year for a cause of your choice
- Travel Hub and Bike to Work scheme
- Opportunities to attend talks & events to support your career development
This company is an Irish owned start up looking to make waves within the nutritional and health food industry. Based in Dublin City Centre, their small team is made up of like-minded entrepreneurial and innovative individuals who have already set the wheels in motion for outstanding growth projections.
Due to this growth and recent investment, they now have a need for a like-minded Distribution Optimisation Manager/Specialist to join the team who can own and develop the distribution/supply chain processes and strategy. In this position you will be responsible for the overall direction of operational processes and distributor relationships.
2020 will see the brand deliver on > €1.6m in retail value sales in Ireland, growing >300% YoY. Part of this position will be to ensure that the company is ready to hit the shelves and on schedule. We're here to challenge, disrupt and to make a positive impact on the Irish and UK landscape, but we have global ambitions, and this is just the start.
Duties of the role:
- Establish best practice and SOPs to ensure efficient and optimum distribution channels
- Lead and maintain our distributor relationships, setting and achieving key objectives on service levels, inventory management, packaging and other operational goals.
- Lead distribution excellence, while implementing best practice management principles, insights and supply chain/ stock analytics.
- Define ways of working internally and with third party distributors, to ensure supply continuity and collaboration.
- Collaborate with distributors to understand challenges and areas for improvement, ensuring accuracy and efficiency at all times.
- Manage relationships with external and internal stakeholders to ensure strong collaboration on objectives and overall alignment on key focus areas of growth and cost savings.
- Work with Supply Chain Team to manage and reduce lead times both internally on the order process and externally with contract manufacturers.
- Proactively manage logistics costs and product stock levels, ensuring the escalation of any issues and are provided by mitigating strategies.
- Manage the 3PL on a daily basis to ensure that all tasks required for a smooth operation are completed.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Supporting the new product development innovation pipeline, driving excellence in operational execution with customer planning, leading regular SKU rationalisation review.
- Producing monthly reports to support business reviews and stakeholder engagement.
Requirements of the role:
- Bachelor's degree - Business, Supply Chain or equivalent (essential)
- 4-5 years' Logistics/Distribution/Supply Chain experience within FMCG
- Experienced in project management and process implementation
- Stock & Order Allocation management experience an advantage
- Working within a European Supply Chain Team
- 3PL experience
- Collaborating with External Contract Manufacturing Suppliers
- Experience in Export documentation
- ERP systems knowledge (MS Nav)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Supply Chain | Logistics, Transport and Warehouse Recruitment | National
353 (0) 21 2300300 | 353 (0) 1 432 1555