Dublin City Centre
- BBBH783734 Jun 01, 2021 €90k - €120k
Director of Internal Controls - Excellent opportunity to join a progressive, ambitious multinational PLC based Dublin City Centre to lead a large team
As the Director of Internal Control, you will lead policy implementation and partner with cross functional teams to design, develop and test against established SOX compliance controls. This is an opportunity to have visible impact on the organization, so it will require a high degree of integrity, strong ability to maintain confidentiality and excellent partnering skills. The candidate must be a leader, have strong experience with Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO framework, PCAOB requirements, internal audit, be detail oriented, have strong technical and communication skills.
Reporting directly to the Group Head of Internal Control you will have the opportunity to own and drive this critical and highly visible SOX initial implementation and compliance process.
- Spearhead the design, development and testing of the Company's internal controls over financial reporting for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Drive the documentation, assessment, testing and monitoring of internal controls over financial reporting, including tracking control gaps and action plans to remediate weaknesses
- Provide program management support across the entire company related to the design of effective and efficient controls over financial reporting.
- Partner with internal and external audit teams to ensure timely and efficient testing approach and issue resolution.
- Provide regular reporting to senior management regarding control performance and findings.
- Partner with control owners on root cause analysis and action plan progress; perform impact analysis at year-end on deficiencies identified
- Drive change management activities, training, and communication plans to institutionalize strong internal controls.
- Partner with IT to implement and monitor comprehensive plans for SOX oversight of relevant IT systems, to provide reasonable assurance around related control implications.
- Develop and provide routine training to the control owners to ensure a thorough understanding of the SOX program, control design, and the impact of their control(s) on the Group's financial statements
Education and skills:
- Qualified Accountant with 10+ Years of Experience
- 5 years of audit or internal controls related experience
- Strong understanding, expertise and experience in PCAOB standards, SOX and COSO Framework and ideally US GAAP
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing internal audit projects, conducting risk assessments, operational auditing and executing Internal Control audits
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement
- Strong project management skills and able to work independently and effectively within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Associate Director | Accountancy & Finance