Dublin City Centre
- BBBH772394 Jan 05, 2021 €120k+
We are delighted to be partnering with a leading group looking to appoint a Designated Person / Head of Fund & Operational Risk In this role you will engage directly with C Suite and the Board and de
We are delighted to be partnering with a leading group looking to appoint a Designated Person / Head of Fund & Operational Risk
In this role you will engage directly with C Suite and the Board and develop the risk management framework for a newly established AIFM, in consultation with external advisers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as Designated Person for the firm with responsibility for Fund and Operational Risk Management, reporting to the Board;
- Develop and manage the risk management framework for a newly established AIFM;
- Ensure compliance with the firm's Programme of Activity with respect to Operational Risk Management and Fund Risk Management;
- Develop and review of Operational Risk Management and Fund Risk Management oversight related policies and procedures, in conjunction with all relevant stakeholders, to ensure they are sufficient to meet regulatory requirements and are operating effectively, and being proactive in identifying areas for control improvement;
- Identify, assess, monitor and report of operational risks (processes, people risk, cyber security and IT, business continuity, and outsourcing)
- Monitor and oversee delegates and outsourced service providers, including the appointed investment managers and administrators
- Conduct reviews of key business functions of delegates and outsourced service providers to ensure that a robust operational control framework is in place to appropriately manage risk;
- Act as the point of escalation for any client and delegate issues relating to Operational Risk Management and Fund Risk Management;
- Prepare and present Fund Risk and Operational Risk reports at Board and Committee meetings;
- Review and update risk registers and monitor the timely reporting and rectification of breaches and incidents, and provide effective analysis thereon;
- Represent the firm with respect to Operational Risk Management and Fund Risk Management at any relevant Central Bank of Ireland reviews or inspections;
- Support the firm in terms of projects and business initiatives, including change management owing to regulatory developments, systems enhancements, procedure and process improvements, the onboarding of new business and product enhancements.
- 7 - 10 yrs experience in an asset management or funds environment and with a number of years demonstrable risk management experience interacting and reporting to senior
- Strong report writing skills, attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills with a proactive and innovative approach;
- Experience in the design, drafting, development and maintenance of operational and fund risk management frameworks, policies and procedures, including processes, people risk, cyber security and IT, business continuity, data protection, and outsourcing or delegation;
- Monitoring, testing, oversight and reporting experience, including third parties directly and remotely;
- Ability to work in an international, multicultural environment;
- Superb organisational skills with an ability to handle a busy workload and to prioritise work;
- An outstanding flexible work ethic;
All interested candidates should call PM me on email@example.com or my colleague Amanda Carter on firstname.lastname@example.org for full job details and package information.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.