Design Supervisor - Mechanical
- BBBH774036 Jan 22, 2021 €70k - €90k
Design Supervisor required for manufacturing company in Dublin, GMP experience is a must. Progression opportunities and continuous learning.
Clients facing role reporting to the Head of Design & Engineering. You will drive a culture of accountability and effective continuous improvement throughout the Engineering & Design departments.
The ideal candidate will have.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering; with experience in a design engineering role.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of leading a team within a Design or Engineering function.
- High level of proficiency in CAD software; Solidworks, would be advantageous
- Project management skills via work experience and/or formal qualification
- Proven track record delivering on-time-design to customers
- Previous experience managing and developing a team or design engineers
- Ensure productivity targets are delivered, through stringent planning and tracking of design approach.
- Ensure on-time-delivery of design work to ensure customer commitments are delivered.
- Develop, coach and mentor the team to raise individual and team capability.
- Work closely with Technical team to ensure all inputs required to the design process are available and correct.
- Complete technical reviews of completed projects
- Liaise with Sales, and directly with customers when required to gather information necessary in order to ensure right-first-time design work.
- Continuously improve the overall design process based on best practice and standards.
- Conduct regular performance review meetings with the Design team to track progress against a defined set of performance KPIs.
- Ensure that quality related non-conformances from both external customers and internal departments are actioned.
- Ensure a customer centric culture within the team.
For more information on this role please contact Eleanor Collins, Associate Director of Engineering @ Morgan McKinley. 021 2300 300
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.