Derivatives Operations Team Lead
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH795016 Oct 01, 2021 Competitive
Responsible for the process design and delivery of daily derivatives operations. Process Design and Testing expr are key.
Responsible for the process design and delivery of daily derivatives operations to meet our clients KPI and service level agreements. Extensive knowledge of derivative trade flow management and knowledge of the confirmation, settlement, and P&L process. Provide technical support to the processing teams and solutions to complex operational issues.
- Experienced in trade capture, settlement, collateral monitoring, lifecycle event management, client reporting and ad hoc client requests
- Has strong Excel and SQL skills and technical competency with self-solve tools
- Derivatives product experience specifically operational processing experience
- Partnering with internal stakeholders on core projects including identifying the impact of regulations specific to the Financing business and acting as the business SME to devise tailored solutions.
- End to end management of financial transactions and identification of solutions to facilitate deal execution, trade capture, settlement, collateral monitoring, lifecycle event management, client reporting and ad hoc client requests.
- Support, challenge and contribute to the development of short, medium, and long-term strategies (including action plans and targets) for the team.
- Support and contribute to the Change Governance of technology solution that meets the objectives of the business but allows the firm to be scalable, productive, meet service delivery standards and is compliant for future changes, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Support and implement the Technical strategy, culture, services, and methodology to adjust to changing regulations and expectations, ensuring the team are fully motivated and have clear understanding of the technology and process.
- Support operational relationships across the business, ensuring collaborative engagement and partnering to achieve the best results and protection for clients and the business.
- Support the management of functional area's risk management, covering Control Attestation, Risk Event and Breach Reporting, ensure accurate and timely reporting, with focus on prevention/
- Participate as an internal stakeholder and positively support the relationships to create a positive, collaborative, and engaged relationship.
- Provide appropriate engagement for Audits, Client visits or any material meetings or engagement's, where the Team Manager is required to represent.
- Support implementation and maintenance of operational controls, within the team, to reduce errors and mitigate potential for fraud; and deliver reporting and evidence to the Head of Function.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a similar derivative back office or middle office role in a Wealth Management/Platform or Asset Servicing company.
- Strong understanding of trade life cycle.
- Strong understanding of derivative trade flow management and of the confirmation, settlement, reconciliation, and P&L process.
- Experience in client services
- Strong understanding of risk & compliance policies and processes for a financial services business
- Experience in change management
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Consultant | Financial Services Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555