- JN -082023-1946250
- Aug 31, 2023
Our public sector client is seeking a Data Protection and Records Manager to ensure our client remains in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations - Contract
This role is full-time for a period of four to six months with an initial trial period of one month.
Desirable Criteria for successful candidates:
- Knowledge of data protection law and the ability to fulfil the tasks referred to in Article 39 of the GDPR
- A recognised professional qualification in Data Protection.
- Knowledge of Irish and European data protection law and practices including an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
- Understanding of information technologies and data security.
- Ability to read legislation and guidance and disseminate this to executive and employees and implement same within the agency.
- Knowledge of public sector data processing and data sharing.
- Ability to provide advice and guidance to employees and business units of the agency.
- Ability to promote a data protection culture within the agency.
- Excellent ICT skills.
- Project management skills.
- Records management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A self-starter with an ability to work on their own and with others.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative background affecting records management in the local government sector.
Duties of the Role
The DPO and Records Manager (Combined) shall report to the Board Secretary or nominee and the duties of the role shall include the following:
- Ensuring that our client becomes and remains in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Ongoing monitoring of compliance with GDPR.
- Development and implementation of policies in relation to the protection of personal data.
- Provision of advice as requested regarding Data Protection Impact Assessments and monitor the performance pursuant to Article 35 of GDPR.
- Cooperation with and act as the contact point for the Data Protection Commissioner on issues relating to processing, including the prior consultation referred to in Article 36, and to consult, where appropriate, with regard to any other matter.
- Acting as a contact point for data subjects with regard to all issues related to processing of their personal data and to the exercise of their rights under the GDPR.
- Have due regard to the risk associated with processing operations, considering the nature, scope, context, and purposes of processing.
- Implementation of our client's Records Management Policy across all business units.
- Implementation of our client's Record Retention Policy across all business units of our client.
- Alignment of electronic and paper-based records and associated filing systems and structures.
- Working with employees in the various business units within the agency to establish best practice in records management and to ensure that the agency's records management policy is effectively implemented
- Any other duties may be assigned from time to time.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.