Data Governance Senior Manager - Contract
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH793280 Sep 15, 2021 Competitive
A global leader in the asset management industry is looking for an experienced Data Governance professional with industry experience to join on a contract basis
Coming in at Senior Management level, this is a leadership position in a team that plays a crucial role in supporting a global organisation by having ownership of the data governance framework and working with data stewards and owners to ensure the quality of the organisations data and that it is fit for purpose.
- Promote Data Governance: actively promote the Data Governance Council, the Data Governance Framework and the target Data Architecture across the organisation, including presentations, training sessions, an intranet site and other communication mechanisms.
- Assisting with the management of the Data Governance team.
- Supporting the Data Governance team, including sharing expertise, reviewing management reports and assisting team members to achieve stakeholder commitment
- Ensure action plans are created and monitored against any gaps in adherence to policy and standards for the central data oversight model.
- Engaged in the data programmes as an SME for Data Governance, support the data programme and escalate via the Data governance operating model where needed
- Represent the Data Governance team on Regulatory compliance
- Industry Benchmarking: Keep up with changes in the industry and working with peers and colleagues.
- Project Management: Assist with business case development to ensure data target operating models meet Data Governance standards and assist with understanding and documenting impacts to the organisation of data risks.
- Degree-educated; either in a financial discipline or else IT
- 5+ years' of Data Management related experience (Reference Master Data, Asset Pricing, Data Quality, Metadata, issue management, Data Provisioning etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Services
- A Recognised industry qualification pertaining to Data would be advantageous
- Proven operational experience, within an Asset Management company, where you have had to work to deadlines and have high attention to detail
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
353 (0) 1 4321556