Credit Underwriter - Mortgages
- BBBH793311 Sep 15, 2021 €40k - €50k
Mortgage Underwriter | Dublin | Permanent An exciting opportunity has come up to Join a growing financial services provider in Dublin city centre.
This role is within the Credit Underwriting and offers a great opportunity for growth, to gain experience and exposure to the wider business. The purpose of the Credit Underwriter is to conduct credit analysis and support the underwriting of mortgages in accordance with company criteria and policies to ensure that risk and creditworthiness is assessed in accordance with credit policy and delivered within required time frames whilst providing exemplary customer service
- Prepare, review and analyse the creditworthiness and risk of lending applications ensuring adherence to company policy and process measures always.
- Complete financial analysis narrative and make informed lending decisions.
- Assess credit reports, proof of income, bank statements, statement of affairs, and any other supporting documentation at the borrower level.
- Ensure Delegated Credit Authority is exercised.
- For applications above the delegated underwriting authority make recommendations and present to management
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders to promote credit policy whilst maximising new opportunities.
- QFA is preferred but must be an Approved Product Advisor (APA).
- Previous credit underwriting experience necessary
- Understanding of Credit Assessment and processes for credit and operational risk
- Analytical Thinking - Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on business needs.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Consultant | Financial Services Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555