- BBBH779855 Apr 29, 2021 Competitive
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full
AVP - Transaction Services
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars' worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
You'll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
Leading the Team:
- Foster a close relationship with Key stakeholders; Issuers, Product, and Depositories, supporting Agency & Trust strategy and objectives. Provide effective communication and maintain a close working relationship with Risk and Front office.
- Drives technology automation initiatives to assist the team in reducing sensitivity to scale, and improving the client offering.
- Responsible for the daily management of the team. Ensure that all staff within the unit are proficient in their daily tasks, are motivated to perform in a positive team environment
- Utilise understanding of team performance MIS to drive Business processes and staff allocation
- Take accountability for any/all incidents and escalations within the team
- Understand Resolution Planning and act as deputy to Section Manager in ownership of planning and reporting to regulatory stakeholders on the business' behalf in this area
- Takes lead in department initiatives; role models expected behaviour and embodies expected standards for Department
- Adhere to and ensure all team members adhere to Agency & Trust Standards & their Policies; will often instigate new controls or enhanced standards
- Possesses and displays an in-depth knowledge of their area of responsibility, and strives to develop a broad knowledge of the Operations Department as a whole, and the impact of their team on both upstream and downstream processes
- Assist management in meeting Department goals where necessary, i.e. escalations, waiver items; clearance of cash, audit requests, metrics assessment etc.
- Act as Deputy to Senior Manager and responsible for delegation, multi-tasking, prioritisation, HR items, and follows through. Will consistently look to assist Senior Manager with their workload
- Act as point of escalation for their team, and as point of support for other teams within the Department; Take an active role in providing assurance around appropriate governance and control for their area, and take pro-active remediation action where required
- Continuously review existing processes with Senior Manager/ team or peers & identify opportunities for improvement; once identified will own to completion
- Ensure mandatory allocated training must be completed within the requisite timeframe, without exceptions
- Extensive experience in a Corporate Trust environment
- Understanding of Capital markets, debt instruments, with bond and deal structuring understanding a prerequisite
- Familiarity with and understanding of Clearing Systems (Euroclear and Clearstream)
- Comprehensive understanding of deal documentation, it's structure, and interpretation.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite
- Strong numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Project Management experience an advantage
- Comfortable in a high pressure, high performance environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Professional Industry qualifications desirable
- Strong people management, process ownership and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship management, communication, and influencing skills
- Ability to thrive in a pressurised environment, working to deadlines, and consistently achieving targets
- Comfortable interacting with client representatives at all levels, up to and including C suite
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Consultant | Financial Services Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555