Assistant Accountant- MNC Media
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH781900 May 18, 2021 €30k - €40k
Excellent opportunity with a leading Multinational Media company based in Dublin 2. You will work as part of the finance team working alongside the Management Accountant reporting to the Financial Con
This is a broad and hands on role where you will assume responsibility for the day to day accounting activities, including accounts payable, reconciliations, balance sheet activities as well as company tax returns. You will also support the Financial Controller with month end close.
- Salary €35,000 - €40,000
- Great company culture
- Hybrid working options
- Accurate entry of creditor invoices for Irish entities in the ledger
- Timely payment of creditor invoices - setting up weekly payment runs for authorisation
- Allocation of invoices and payments, including foreign exchange gains/losses
- Preparation of monthly Creditor Aging Reports for Irish entities; and
- Reconciliation of accounts payable balance sheet reconciliation.
- Preparation of monthly payroll reports for Irish and UK entities to send to payroll providers
- Review of reports sent back by Payroll Provider and preparation of monthly net salaries comparison for review by Financial Controller
- Setting up payroll payments, including salaries, P30 and P32, lodging P30's, Lodging P30s
- Reconciliation of payroll clearing balance sheet accounts.
- Processing corporate credit card and expense claims for the Irish employees
- Payment of expense claims for Irish employees; and
- Reconciliation of credit card clearing balance sheet accounts for Irish entities.
- Preparation of bi-monthly & monthly VAT and VIES Returns for Irish & UK entities
- Preparation of annual RTD returns; and
- Weekly & monthly preparation of bank reconciliations for Irish and UK entities
- Preparation of petty cash balance sheet reconciliations for Irish entities
- Preparation of month end journals for the Irish JV entities; and
- Preparation of additional balance sheet reconciliations
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Account's technician or part qualified accountant is desirable
- Minimum of 2-4 years relevant experience in a broad accounting role
- Experience working in a multicurrency environment is advantageous
- Strong ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build rapport
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.