- BBBH784481 Jun 09, 2021 €90k - €120k
This is a great opportunity for a commercial lawyer (ideally US qualified also) to join a small in-house legal team of a rapidly-growing company with global reach in the technology sector.
This is a great opportunity for a commercial lawyer (ideally US qualified also) to join a small in-house legal team of a rapidly-growing company with global reach in the technology sector. Within a collaborative and supportive team, this role offers a chance to work in a fast-paced commercial environment, with responsibility for a wide range of legal matters.
The Senior Legal Counsel will support the General Counsel and the rest of the Legal & Compliance Department in overseeing the legal & compliance aspects of the company's business, advancing company objectives while mitigating risk. The Senior Legal Counsel will help safeguard the company's reputation by ensuring adherence to laws, rules & policies, and will provide effective & practical legal advice across the organization.
The goal is for this role to be based out of the company's office in Miami, Florida or Cork, Ireland, but can be worked remotely with occasional travel to either office.
The duties of the Senior Legal Counsel may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide range of commercial contracts with customers, partners and service providers
- Providing accurate and timely counsel to company employees on a variety of legal topics (including commercial contracts, privacy & data protection, policies and procedures, corporate governance, intellectual property, employment law, etc.)
- Supporting the Company's compliance program, including program evolution, training, administration, investigation and enforcement
- Applying effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on legal aspects of a commercial transaction
- Communicating, negotiating, and resolving issues with colleagues & external parties, establishing relations of trust
- Dealing with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Maintaining the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and responsibility
- Keeping current on updates and changes in applicable rules & legislation, and developing expertise in new areas of practice
- Working closely with the General Counsel and rest of the Legal & Compliance Department to ensure consistent and reliable support to the organization
- Law degree & qualification as attorney (preferably qualified in the US)
- 5-10 years post-qualification experience in related areas of the law, especially commercial contracts
- Highest standard of professional ethics and integrity
- Demonstrated drive, enthusiasm to learn and the ability to work well in a dynamic team environment
- Solid understanding of commercial law, and the commercial consequences of legal issues
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding organization and communication skills
- Fluency in a second language (especially Spanish) is a plus, but not strictly required
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Consultant | Legal Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4485631