You are visiting this website from:
Skip to main content
- BBBH780613 Apr 22, 2021 Competitive
Excellent opportunity to join a Medical Device company in Cork to lead the Analytical Chemistry laboratory.
A Senior Chemist is required for a global Medical Device company based in Cork. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Analytical Chemistry Lab.
This role will require an analytical expert to support putting systems in place and validate to ensure all activities are completed as per schedule.
- Provide analytical chemistry Subject Matter Expertise.
- Identify appropriate software applications to be utilised in the laboratory.
- Management of laboratory equipment inventory & spend.
- Ensure equipment calibration and qualification as required.
- Ensure lab plan and schedules are adhered to.
- Participate in Value stream meetings.
- Test method and equipment troubleshooting.
- Administrator on all software used within the chemistry laboratory
- Testing for release when required.
- Support new product development and introduction.
- Approver of procedural and test method updates.
- Audit lead, internal and external- representative for the laboratory.
- Ensure management of materials through the lab- release, validation and stability.
- Review of all laboratory Quality Systems to ensure compliance to cGMP.
- Provide training (induction/ on the job/ procedures and updates), technical guidance / trouble shooting to laboratory staff including review of associated training records.
- Provide progress updates at Project Meetings and site management meetings. Be able to communicate clearly and to form strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as required by the Line Manager.
- Demonstrate problem solving in delivering process and analytical understanding.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory training requirements and ensure that training records are up to date and compliant to cGMP.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Level 8 required ideally in Chemistry or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 years People Management experience
- Excellent Communicator and ability to work on own initiative while supporting and developing team
- Experience of working in a lab based environment ideally with a Pharma background
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300