I am currently looking for a NPI Engineer with product development experience to join an innovative and growing medical device company based in Cork.
* Scope and plan the design, development and testing of new products through full product lifecycle
* Liaising with clinicians and customers to understand their needs to optimize product functionality and performance.
* Collaborate with internal functions to define project requirements and plans.
* Continually monitor and update project plans and communicate priorities to functions, along with identifying challenges that need to be resolved to meet overall plan commitments.
* Application of both new and existing technologies, materials and processes to deliver the optimum product design and excellent standards of product performance.
* Manage and complete engineering activities in support of medical device product development
* Coordinate with new or existing suppliers
* Collaborate with cross functions to meet projects
* Communicate regular and accurate updates on project deliverables.
* Ensure any Intellectual Property aspects of development are identified and protected.
* Maintain and expand knowledge of competitor products in the field of Orthopaedic trauma.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or similar
* 5+ years product development experience preferably in medical device
* Previous experience in managing full product lifecycle and projects
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.