Microbiologist required for a Cork based company. This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking team. This role is ideal if you are hoping to gain more experience on the QA side of thing
I am delighted to be working this excellent role with one of our top clients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic team and grow and develop within a med device/pharmaceutical environment.
Overview: Perform routine microbiological analysis in an accurate and timely manner so that the manufacturing process is not stopped/delayed and the finished product is ready for release. Lead and/or assist with in-house Laboratory validation studies/projects.
1. Perform routine microbiological analysis as required by the laboratory scheduled. Collect and prepare samples for microbiological analysis.
2. Ability to technically understand Microbiology test processes and perform required troubleshooting studies/investigations to resolve technical and operational issues, for process improvements, validations etc. Ability to drive OOS investigations to successful and timely conclusions.
3. Lead and/or assist with in-house Laboratory validation studies/projects as required by the Laboratory Manager. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Laboratory Manager.
4. Assist with the training of other Laboratory personnel. Assist with internal auditing, assist QC auditors with product release and paperwork review.
5. Compliance and adherence to all the relevant company policies, industry standards and regulatory expectations.
6. Attention to detail, flexible/adaptable, good communication, GDP, ability to work on own initiative, technical understanding of microbiology processes
7. Adhere to dress code. Laboratory and facility safety procedures. Perform routine laboratory cleaning of benches and laboratory equipment. Perform basic equipment maintenance.
8. Prepare microbiology solutions required for laboratory tests. Set up sample requirements and complete paperwork.
9. Cross training in Chemistry tests to be completed as requested to support Production needs.
The client is also hoping for:
· Technical report writing - periodic reviews,
· Document & procedural updates,
· Risk management updates
· Change control experience
· Investigation experience
· Familiarity with validation documentation
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.