Mechanical Design Engineer
- BBBH784624 Jun 10, 2021 €40k - €50k
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with Pressure Vessel design experience to join a well established and respected company in Cork.
This role will design, prepare and deliver the mechanical deliverables for projects largely within the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industry.
Design products to customer requirement and generate product drawings for production. Liaise with production to
ensure fabrication is to design and required standards.
To deliver and maintain the mechanical design of pressure vessels and equipment for projects and report to
Department Lead and/or Project Manager as required.
Liaise/co-ordinate with project managers, clients and peers to find solutions to design issues.
- Create & maintain vessel construction drawings using 3D software (Autodesk Inventor) & 2D software (AutoCAD Mechanical) to accurately document design intent to fabrication and clients.
- Generate material orders and co-ordinate with the Procurement Department to confirm technical compliance for equipment.
- Conduct & minute design review meetings to develop, communicate and evaluate potential design solutions.
- Inspect the vessel fabrication as it progresses and ensure that the construction team are furnished with current drawings and answer any particular queries during the construction stage.
- Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) Degree.
Essential Experience & Role Requirements:
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in a related engineering department or role.
- CAD experience
- Pressure vessel design experience
- Knowledge of PD5500 and ASME VIII an advantage
- Knowledge of 2014/68/EU PED an advantage but not essential
- AutoCAD 2D
- Inventor 3D
- PV Elite
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300